It’s official. The seventh edition of Adzuna’s Student of the Year award has just kicked off, and we’re now accepting applications from students from across the country and beyond. Like every year, we are determined to help one exceptional student unleash their full potential and embark on their dream career.
To honor academic excellence and ambition, we have prepared a generous package of prizes comprising of 1 to 1 career coaching, the chance to gain valuable work experience at a top company, and $5,000 in cash to help you pay off your student loans or jumpstart your professional dreams.
Who can apply
The opportunity is open to both full-time and part-time students from any academic discipline, who are enrolled in undergraduate or postgraduate studies at a recognized institution. To qualify you must also be a resident of one of the following countries:
- South Africa
- New Zealand
What you need to do
In order to be considered for our amazing award, you must first fill out the online form telling us a little bit about yourself and why you should be crowned Student of the Year. This is your time to shine, so forget being humble!
In the second stage we’ll ask you to write a cover letter for your dream job – no wrong answers here, but passion is key! For some ideas, check out how Nick swayed the judges and won the title last year.
That’s it! It really is as simple as that. So dive right in, and who knows – our next winner might be you!
Why we’re doing it
Here at Adzuna, we are well aware of the many challenges and worries students are constantly faced with. From being overloaded with seemingly never-ending piles of assignments, to finding relevant work experience – we know it’s tough. The good news is, that the daunting transition from college life to work life may have just gotten unbelievably easy.
So if you think you have what it takes to claim the title of Student of the Year 2018, then please fill out the online form found on our event page. Equally, if you know someone whose work and achievements deserve some recognition – nominate them!
The deadline for the contest is December 31st 2018, so make sure you don’t leave it until the last minute.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Student of the Year 2018 Terms & Conditions
- One entry per user.
- All entries must be made on or before the closing date of December 31st 2018 11:59 PM GMT. The competition is limited to specific countries and entries may only be made from university students or graduates from the following countries – UK, France, Russia, Brazil, Canada, USA, South Africa, Italy, Netherlands, India, Australia and New Zealand (these countries are known as the “eligible countries”).
- Finalists will be notified by email or private message by January 28th 2019. The Finalists will be selected and compiled by Adhunter ltd and one finalist will be selected from each eligible country. An external individual will ensure nomination of the winner is carried out in a fair way.
- A “valid” entry is defined as a entrant who is a resident and graduate or undergraduate from a recognised university within an eligible country who has completed all fields on the Student of the Year entry form.
- The prize must be accepted as awarded, is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for cash or an alternative prize.
- The Prize includes – £3,500 (or foreign currency equivalent) which will be paid to the winner by 14th February 2019, a work experience placement with a company selected by Adhunter ltd. (The prize money is deemed to be payment for and wages, travel and accommodation costs for the work experience placement); up to £200 (or foreign currency equivalent) to spend on courses at Udemy or an alternative course provider of the winner’s choice (with prior agreement from Adhunter ltd.); a career coaching session with persons to be defined by Adhunter ltd.
- The promoter reserves the right to alter or amend the promotion without prior notice.
- This prize draw is not open to employees, agents or representatives of Adhunter Ltd or their respective immediate families.
- If a winner is chosen who is later deemed to have made an ineligible entry, another draw will subsequently take place from the remaining eligible entries.
- For details of the prize winner please send a stamped addressed envelope marked “Adhunter Student of the Year Competition” to Adhunter Ltd, 40 Vanston Pl, Fulham, SW6 1AX.
- Promoter: Adhunter Ltd, 40 Vanston Pl, Fulham, SW6 1AX. This competition operates completely under United Kingdom law.