CDN Controls Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion and emissions, and meter proving services throughout Western Canada. CDN Controls has been providing the oil and gas industry with the high-quality services needed for business operations since 2011. At CDN Controls, we understand that our employees are the biggest asset in our success, and we take great pride in selecting employees who are team orientated, driven and eager to succeed.
Our growing company is currently looking to hire Journeyman and Apprentice Instrumentation Technicians to join the CDN team based out of our Valleyview, Grande Prairie & Fort St. John office. Shift options are availiable.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil and Gas industry, a safety conscious mentality and are willing to learn and grow within CDN Controls.
As an Instrumentation Technician you will be responsible for:
- Adhere to all company environmental, heath, and safety policies and procedures.
- Assist other Journeyman and Apprentices with the maintenance, replacement and installation of equipment.
- Assist with calibrations and installations requiring instrumentation tubing.
- Operate hand tools, power tools, testing equipment and specialty tools, such as tubing benders.
- Administer more advanced calibration equipment such as Hart Communicators, and programs.
- Handle basic Instrumentation Test Equipment and complete calibrations.
- Work with more advanced meter(s) checking for continuity, resistance, voltages & current readings.
- Utilize more advanced systems such as compressor panels, RTU’s, BMS, line heaters, and production facility equipment
- Be aware of Gas Detection, LEL Detection and Fire Detection controllers and sensors.
- Work on or around any ‘live’ process or equipment including isolation and the de-pressuring of any system while adhering to all safety procedures.
- Repair equipment, with follow-up guidance from the Journeyman if required.
- Other related duties as required.
- Indentured 1st- 4th Year Apprentice or Journeyman Instrumentation Technician.
- A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract.
- Valid H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform, CSO, and CSTS.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights as needed.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required prior to employment.
Why CDN Controls?
Our goal is to make sure CDN Controls is the best place for you to work. That means we are building, growing and will consistently ask for your feedback and involvement so that you feel empowered and proud to work here!
Some of the benefits you can expect at CDN are:
- Part of a strong team, we challenge each other day in and day out, and learn from each other.
- On the job training to set you up for success.
- Mentorship from talented industry leading professionals, driven to grow.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Your colleagues will be there to support you.
Does this sound like the opportunity that you have been waiting for? Apply today and grow with us! We…….
- Win as a team!
- Are committed to excellence!
- Take care of everything (one stop shop)!
- Act with honesty, loyalty and respect!
- Hire talented people, driven to grow!