The Account Management team in Ottawa is responsible for identifying, developing and winning business within commercial and broader public sector business. Through effective relationship management, the account managers drive the sales of solutions as well as professional services engagements. If you are driven to attain superior sales results and want to join a growing team, read on:
The Account Manager is responsible for working closely with sales, marketing and technical resources to develop new business opportunities, generate revenue, and maintain existing client relationships. In addition, the Account Manager will work with the technical pre-sales resources to develop customer proposals. The Account Manager will be responsible for meeting an annual sales quota.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Meets and exceeds annual revenue and profitability targets
- Creates and manages targeted, customer account plan
- Works closely with the VP of Sales to execute the sales and account plan
- Updates forecast on a weekly basis
- Develops new customers and opportunities
- Grows revenues from existing customers
- Works with strategic partners to create new business opportunities
- Works with the pre-sales technical resources to develop customer proposals
- Provides all the necessary information to Operations to process an order
- Works with sales support team to maintain customer satisfaction;
- Provides input on industry trends and market conditions to the VP of Sales
- Must have significant experience in selling enterprise hardware and software, with specific expertise in selling services and solutions to the Federal Government and Shared Services Canada (SSC) in Canada.
- Experience in selling cloud (as a service), subscription model and managed services.
- Proven expertise in selling to Federal Government clients
- Proven track record of exceeding sales targets.
- Experience in a customer relationship management role.
- Ability to communicate to all levels of the organization including system administrators, CIOs and Business Unit Leaders.
- Familiar with broader public sector procurement practices.
- Ability to summarize information in a concise written format.
- Ability to negotiate complex deals with partners and customers.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced changing environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Successful candidate must have or be eligible to obtain Secret level Federal Government security clearance.
- Bilingual (English/French) an asset.
Education and Experience
- Post-secondary education in a related field (Bachelor’s Degree).
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in sales managing major accounts.