Aquazition is currently looking to hire a Water Operator in Training.
Major Work Area:
- Operators take part in the maintenance, testing, and monitoring of: water mains and major sewers; pumping stations.
- Perform water main swabbing pressure testing, chlorination, dichlorination, and water quality sampling.
- Fire hydrant repairs and fire hydrant flow testing.
- Provide labour support as needed.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment.
- Chlorination equipment.
- Water mains.
- Water pumps.
- Pressure Pumps.
- Check, clean and lubricate waterworks equipment.
- Adjust and repair waterworks equipment under the direction of a qualified tradesperson.
- Search, locate and repair reported water leaks.
- Testing and monitoring using chemicals, such as chlorine.
- Keep a record of work performed, location and condition of the equipment.
- Mechanical Skills.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
- Attention to detail.
- Hand-eye co-ordination.
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking.
- Heavy Lifting.
Work Site Environment:
- Outdoors, wet/damp.
- Construction Site.
- Must have a valid G license.
Work Location Information: Urban area, In the shop.
- Reading the text, document use, numeracy, writing, communication, working with others, problem-solving, decision making, critical thinking, significant use of memory, finding information, continuous learning.
- Experience & knowledge of mechanical, plumbing, heating and electrical systems.
- Fire hydrants, plumbing, mechanical and waterworks technician an asset.
- Operator In Training (OIT) certificate an asset.
- Familiar with working on construction sites. We are willing to train if you are willing to learn.
- Candidates will only be considered with experience.
Must have Water Distribution License
- Must have O.S.S.D
- Must have OIT certificate
Job Type: Full-time.Salary: $22.00 to $25.00 per hour.
Work Remotely: No.
We are a construction company that provided services:Certify & Install Backflow PreventorFire Hydrant RepairWater Infrastructure CommissioningFlushing & SwabbingHydrostatic Pressure TestingWater main DisinfectionWater Quality SamplingWater main Maintenance & RepairWater main Tapping 2" and UnderFlushing Programs