Vodastra Technologies is seeking a cable technician to join our team! You will be resolving cable related issues.
- Previous experience in cabling systems, and/or other related fields such as:
- Twisted Pair Copper dmarc extensions
- DS3 Coax with BNC dmarc extensions
- Installation of Cat 5e/6 Structured Cabling Systems according to industry standards such as EIA/TIA, BICSI, NEC
- Ability to connect to network hardware and the Internet using a laptop
- DSL modems, routers, NID splitters and DSL filters
- Identification of different types of voice and data circuits
- Installation of voice switches
- Installation of data network hardware
- 802.11a, b, g, n wireless technologies and surveys without mapping software
- 802.11 Wireless Access Point surveys using Mapping Software (i.e. Air Magnet) with the ability to provide coverage mapping reports
- T1 ckts, MPLS ckts, DSL ckts, DS3 Ckts
- POTS lines
- Wireless Access Points, Power over Ethernet (Installation)
- Cabling system experience, technical training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong troubleshooting and critical thinking skills.
- Skills including: installing, configuring, troubleshooting, programming, and replacing parts as need.
- Knowledge of using diagnostic tools, service aids, and product schematics, to assess and resolve equipment and system failures.
- Ability to maintain and complete accurate record keeping and processing of paperwork.
- Must work well independently, as well as follow directions.
- Ability to handle more than one responsibility at a time.
- Ability to work under deadline pressures.
- Strong communication skills, organizational skills, and time management.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Positive and professional demeanor.
Tech MUST have his/her own tools and transportation.
Powered by JazzHR