Water Distribution/Supply Staff Class 1 Operator
- Water Distribution and Supply Class 1 License.
- Driver's License Class 'G'.
Your application must describe your qualifications as they relate to:
- Experience in the operation, maintenance, inspection and installation of water and services and appurtenances and related tools and equipment.
- Experience applying water and policies, procedures and practices relating to the above work.
- Experience and training in confined space entry, shoring, trenching and other Health and Safety procedures and regulations applicable to the above work.
- Must be competent and able to respond as the ‘supervisor’ on-site as defined by the O.H.S.A.
- Must possess and be able to maintain a valid Province of Ontario license Class “G” endorsement and qualify for the City’s drivers’ permit and Provincial equipment operating permits.
- Must possess and be able to maintain the Ministry of Environment Water Distribution Class 1 Certificate of Competency.
- Must have a Secondary School Diploma or approved equivalent.
- Operates and/or performs maintenance and/or repairs and/or inspection and/or installation of water systems and appurtenances.
- Tests and calibrates all water appurtenances.
- Responds and interacts with customers, contractors, and other agencies related to operations, maintenance and/or repairs and/or installs and/or inspection of water and appurtenances.
- It may be required to assess and determine the level of appropriate action required to correct or deal with assigned activities related to water.
- Prepares job sites by erecting barricades, traffic control signs, preparing traffic control plans and installing shoring in excavations as required.
- Utilizes a variety of hand and power tools and various equipment/vehicles associated with water operations.
- Provides work direction and work-related training to staff when required to direct a crew.
- Reads field and utility drawings.
- Ensures that work is performed in a clean and safe manner in compliance with City policies and the O.H.S.A.
- Maintains accurate daily records utilizing field sheets and/or electronic devices.
- Performs field water quality tests.
- Performs related work as required.
Job Type: Full-time.
Pay Rate: $37-$38per hour.
Work Remotely: No.
We are a construction company that provided services:Certify & Install Backflow PreventorFire Hydrant RepairWater Infrastructure CommissioningFlushing & SwabbingHydrostatic Pressure TestingWater main DisinfectionWater Quality SamplingWater main Maintenance & RepairWater main Tapping 2" and UnderFlushing Programs