We are growing, join our team! Enhance learning & inspire confidence in children ages 4 -12.If you are currently looking for a position with development and growth opportunities, and a fun and supportive work environment, we invite you to join our team.
Hours of work:
- Part-Time Permanent, up to 29 hours per week.
- Rates start at $19.28/hour. (inclusive of a $2/hour Provincial Wage Enhancement Grant)
Why work at the Y?The YMCA is one of the largest Child Care providers in Canada. Our work environment is defined by respect, teamwork, opportunities for personal and professional growth and investments in the health and wellness of the people who are part of that team. We offer an array of total rewards to recognize loyalty, longevity, and passion for the work we do:
- Competitive total compensation packages.
- Group health and benefits plans. (includes medical, dental, and prescription medication, subject to eligibility)
- Generous pension plans with employer matching.
- Free YMCA Health & Fitness Memberships.
- Professional development opportunities including paid training and access to YMCA education scholarships.
- Reduced rates for YMCA Child Care, Camp, and Child & Youth programs. (subject to eligibility)
- Employee and Family Assistance Program. (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement.
- Develop and facilitate a before and after school program for children 4 – 12 years of age in their school.
- Create warm, welcoming environments and ensure the safety of children enrolled in the program through direct supervision, attendance protocols, and age-appropriate programming.
- Implementation of the YMCA curriculum to meet the needs, interests, and talents of all children.
- Working professionally with caregivers, school personnel, outside agencies, and other team members.
- Proactively developing relationships with children, peers, volunteers, and parents.
- Assist with children’s meals and snacks including set up and clean up.
- Adhering to all YMCA Policies and Practices, Child Care & Early Years Policies.
- Attend required monthly meetings and continuous professional learning sessions.
- A member in good standing of the College of Early Childhood Educators of Ontario College of Teachers or a diploma/degree in Child and Youth Care or a diploma/degree in Recreation and Leisure Services or Social Service Worker Diploma.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with children ages 4 - 12 years.
- Current Standard First Aid and Infant/Child CPR & AED certification (Level C).
- Current Vulnerable Sector Check (dated within the past 6 months).
- 18 years of age or older.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Working Computer knowledge.
- If you are hired, prior to your start date and as a condition of employment, you will be required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or have a valid Human Rights exemption
The position requires the following Association Core Competencies:
- Commitment to Organization Mission, Vision and Values, Child & Youth Focus, Planning & Organization, Communication, Relationship Building and Collaboration, Creativity & Innovation.
If you are interested in this position, please complete the YMCA Employment Application form below via the link and follow the instructions for submitting your cover letter and resume, along with documentation to verify completion of (or in process of completing) Standard First Aid with CPR-C.
We thank all applicants and only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is committed to creating an inclusive environment that accommodates all individuals, including those with disabilities. We support the goals of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and have established policies, procedures, and practices that adhere to the accessibility standards set out in the AODA. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources Department.
The YMCA of Hamilton/Burlington/Brantford is an equal opportunity employer.
The YMCA of Hamilton|Burlington|Brantford has a bold and compelling vision to build stronger, more vibrant and healthy communities. We're looking for innovative, collaborative and motivated individuals looking to make a difference in their local community.Join a diverse team of more than 2,000 employees that inspire people to reach their potential and support the healthy development of children, youth and families.Whether you're seeking your first employment opportunity or looking to make a career change, we offer a full range of employment opportunities.Our broad range of YMCA programs and services create countless opportunities for team members to share their talents and skills and bring our YMCA Mission to life.