Founded in 1999, ei3 Corporation delivers Industrial IoT and AI solutions for machine builders and manufacturers to increase operational efficiency, save on costs, increase profitability, and implement new business models. Printing presses, injection molding machines, and packaging equipment are some of the company’s key market segments. ei3 is headquartered in New York with offices in Montreal and Zurich. For more information, please visit ei3 at www.ei3.com
Life at ei3
We care about your personal and professional success. We want you to continuously improve your individual and collective craft while staying healthy and have the financial resources and support needed to live a good life.
- Health: Your health, wellbeing and happiness is important to us. For that reason, we provide a comprehensive health care plan to help you stay fit and in good health. You’ll also get personal days on us for when you’re not feeling quite yourself.
- Continuous Learning: We offer a progressive culture that promotes learning: on the job, through interactions with your peers and via formal training. We host monthly Lunch and Learns to collaborate, share cool things that you are doing and be inspired by elegant work that is being produced everyday.
The successful candidate is primarily responsible for back-end development tasks, including the development and maintenance of our SaaS applications. These tasks are scheduled to meet defined specifications and include enhancements, creation of new functions, the composition of data-driven reports, and testing.
The person filling this position will have a valuable career opportunity to work with an outstanding team of software development professionals. This position requires a minimum of five years of development experience working in a team environment. A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Science or equivalent from an accredited college or university is a minimum requirement.
- Design, develop and modify software elements and modules based on functional and system specifications. Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work closely with development team and product managers for understanding the specifications. Develop schema to meet specifications, and execute.
- Ensure architectural integrity and product quality. Participate in testing process; debug code quickly and efficiently.
- Adhere to ei3’s established processes and tools.
- Participate and contribute to development team project meetings and scrums.
- Contribute ideas for process improvement, including coding practices, standards and tools.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Proficient with Java, Java Server Pages (JSP), and JBoss / Tomcat.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE, web services (REST, SOAP, API) and MySQL.
- Proficient working with Windows and Linux operating systems.
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Fluent in English reading, writing and speaking.
- Experience working both independently and in a collaborative team environment is essential.
- Analytical, detail-oriented, and problem-solving capabilities essential.
- Some international travel may be required, particularly to our main office in NY, USA.after the pandemic
- Able to work at least 40 hours per week remotely during the pandemic. You will be expected to work in the office after the pandemic
- Salary offered commensurate with experience.
- Group Health insurance plan is available and 100% of insurance premium is paid by ei3
- Membership to the virtual healthcare system
- Easy access to the office in downtown