Responsible for the effective utilization of available automation technology to increase equipment productivity, safety, reliability and simplify maintenance procedures. Investigates root causes of equipment breakdowns and determines appropriate corrective action.
- Provides technical application support during new installations and equipment breakdowns, including problems with documentation, research and replication, escalation, and resolution.
- Assists in equipment malfunction investigation to increase equipment reliability by identifying root cause, determining corrective actions/preventative measures, and following up on any deviations, customer and consumer complaints.
- Review and document technical information (i.e. version upgrade requirements, service packs, patches, utilities) provided by the product manufacturer. Keeps up-to-date schematics and related technical documentation.
- Performs setup and calibration for process equipment and control instrumentation such as: Flow meters, Viscosity meters, Power meters, Conductivity meters, Temperature and Pressure transducers.
- Calculates parameters for PID loops according to process regulations. Develops and makes alterations in PLC programs per requirement.
- Determines and programs parameters for variable frequency drivers and servo drives.
- Installs and commissions new necessary instrumentation for additional data collection as per requests from data users.
- Maintains and continuously develops existing plant process control systems and SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition).
- Performs routine diagnostic checks on equipment, electrical panels, and control systems;
- Troubleshoots SCADA and PLC Network communication.
- Tests new industrial automation equipment, instruments, controls and materials available on the market for use in a manufacturing environment, and provide effectiveness reports to Upper Management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong diagnostic, problem-solving, and decision-making capabilities;
- Minimum three years of experience with manufacturing systems, including PLC-based control systems and OPC interfaces preferable;
- Strong knowledge of PLCs (Allen Bradley, Schneider, Siemens, Mitsubishi and Omron).
- Prior working experience in a manufacturing environment an asset;
- Experience working with Industrial Network Protocols (Device Net, Ethernet IP, Modbus TCP, HART, Asi);
Powered by JazzHR