Under the general direction of the director of E-Commerce, the E-Commerce Account Manager is responsible for overseeing, maintaining, and servicing North American E-Commerce accounts. This position is also responsible for meeting sales budgets and generating new programs and/or promotions to help increase sales. The E-Commerce Account Manager liaises with Category Managers, Supply Chain and Customer Service teams to co-ordinate shipping schedules, to develop forecasting plans, execute promotions and implement channel management strategies for new and existing products.
- Responsible for relationship building and day to day maintenance of all (non-brick & mortar) E-Commerce accounts/customers.
- Assists in the development of sales programs, product selection and pricing for key internet accounts.
- Will work on a combination of Marketplace and Vendor accounts
- Will work directly with each retailer's buying team to optimize sales.
- Maintains and increases revenue and profit growth with each account.
- Supports E-Commerce accounts in their sales efforts by recommending online merchandising, product advertising, online retail markets, and new products.
- Knowledgeable about the competitive E-Commerce marketplace to ensure DPL’s / DPI’s key competitive advantage to generate more sales.
- Audits online content and works with marketing to make sure each item is up to current standards.
- Works with the Ecommerce team to ensure that product is being fed inventory daily.
- Responsible for assisting in the generation of new ideas to address online customer needs
- Makes recommendations regarding the introduction of new products
- Examines retail and competitive environment to assist in the generation of new ideas
- Creates seasonal promotions, point of sale discounts, online promotions, online merchandising and product campaigns
- Responsible for assisting in providing customer service to online accounts
- Collaborates with Buyers to ensure the forecast plans are up to date and maintained throughout the year.
- Collaborates with Buyers on execution plans for upcoming promotions
- A University degree in Business and/or Marketing is preferred combined with 3+ years of experience selling & marketing in a fast-paced environment.
- Thorough knowledge of the appliance industry and retail channels is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate strong business skills related to negotiating, budgeting, analyzing sales figures, presenting, and selling products to clients.
- Must have an excellent grasp of brand building and customer service coupled with strong communications skills
- Effective working skills of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Previous experience working with directly with Amazon an asset.
The E-Commerce Account Manager works in an office setting. Travel in Canada and the U.S. is required. The individual in this position may be expected to travel frequently throughout the year.
Danby was established over 75 years ago with a humble vision of creating truly innovative appliances that would offer big product features for small space living. Like you, we've moved with the times by continually evolving the functionality and innovative features of our products, so not only do they look good, they’re built great too.
Our products are marketed under several brand names, including: Danby, Danby Designer, Danby Diplomat, Danby Premiere, Silhouette, and MicroFridge, as well as some private brands for major retail stores.
Danby’s goal of being the largest compact and specialty appliance company in North America is already being realized. Our strong leadership, creativity and innovation provide us with the tools to ensure future growth for many years to come.
At Danby, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Danby may be your best career move:
- You will be a part of a company where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
Danby is an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. Accommodations are available upon request in all aspects of the recruitment process. Please check out our careers website to see what opportunities might interest you at, www.danby.com/careers.