At Ensign, we are not just looking for anybody. Anybody can get a job anywhere. Our teams are made up of people who have each other’s back. Always. Who work harder, and smarter. Who take pride in a hard day’s work, and a job done right. Are resourceful. Can think on their feet. Who understand the buck stops here. Who understand what it means to Dig Deep®.
Why Work for Us:
- Competitive industry wage
- Single/family benefit package
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is supplied
- Opportunity for training and career development
What we are looking for:
- Recent well servicing rig experience working as a Floorhand, Derrickhand or Operator
- Class 5 Driver’s License (without GDL)
- Abstract with less than 6 demerits is required
- Valid safety certificates required (H2S Alive, Common Safety Orientation (CSO), Standard First Aid etc.)
- Applicants will be required to pass physical capacity test and an alcohol and drug test
What you will be doing:
- Monitoring and maintaining proper well control characteristics
- Guiding the pipe off the racking platform while tripping in and out of the hole
- Rigging up pump, pump lines and accumulator lines properly
- Assisting in cleaning and painting as required by the Operator/Rig Manager
- Assisting in moving the rig, rigging up and rigging out.
- Business Ethics – Understands fully Ensign’s ethics policy and its application in all business dealings including contractual agreements and contract negotiations
- Business Policies - Understands and agrees to follow all of Ensign’s Policy and Directives and procedures as set forth in the Ensign Company Policy and Basic Directives Handbook for Employees
- Certifications – Maintains technical and safety certifications required by company or government agencies; remains current on all OSHA, EUSD and other required training
- Drug-free workplace - Conforms to a drug-free workplace, not be under the influence of mind-altering prescription or non-prescription drugs, including alcohol and other drugs of abuse.
- Occupational Health and Safety – Understands fully the Ensign Health and Safety policy and self-responsibility for own health and safety at work; Demonstrates responsibility to avoid adversely affecting the health and safety of others through any act or omission
- Uses the correct protective clothing and equipment as provided by Ensign and guards against misuse or damage to such equipment
- Reports any hazardous situations arising in the workplace that cannot be self-corrected, or injury incurred during the course of work, no matter how minor
- Avoids injury resulting from manual handling tasks, by use of risk assessment, correct mechanical handling equipment and correct manual handling techniques
Ensign Energy Services Inc. is one of the world’s top land-based drilling and well servicing contractors, currently operating in Canada, the United States, Australia, and internationally. Our people are equipped with advanced technology, empowered by a culture of safety and innovation, and driven by a single-minded commitment to service. Through consistent performance, we deliver safe and reliable solutions, worldwide.