Business Manager – Costco Eastern Canada Food & Sundries Depts
ADW Acosta is a specialized sales and marketing organization that has served Costco Wholesale exclusively since 1983. We employ approximately 200 full-time Costco specialists in 11 offices worldwide, each located adjacent to Costco’s corporate and regional offices.
Our Mission Statement is to source, develop, and sell products and services that will provide the Costco member the greatest quality/value proposition available. We have the experience and expertise you need to build successful supplier relationships with the Costco buying teams.
The Business Manager is a top sales position responsible for developing and managing relationships with the customer, supplier partners and other associates. Business Manager responsibilities include sales negotiation, presentations, promotional planning, budgeting, product development, category management, and supplier development. The Business Manager will have financial accountability to a sales budget and will also be responsible for providing support functions related to sales. Light travel can be required.
- Develop and maintain trusting and ethical relationships with ADW associates, vendors, and Costco’s buying staff.
- Exceed the sales budget by prioritizing and actively pursuing all sales opportunities.
- Communicate and apply ADW and Costco policies / philosophies clearly and accurately.
- Protect and secure all confidential and proprietary information.
- Develop a business strategy parallel to the Buyer’s strategy for the assigned categories.
- Present the Costco Buyers with up-to-date market trends and industry information.
- Become an expert; constantly expand product, vendor category and industry knowledge.
- Develop new and innovative items for Costco in partnership with existing vendors.
- Add value to all calls, presentations and meetings.
- Provide insight to all vendors relative to Costco and the generation of sales.
- Consult with assigned vendors to determine the appropriate product formulation and packaging prior to presenting products to the Buyers.
- Identify and develop strategic relationships with potential vendors through direct or indirect contact and prospecting.
- Understand, evaluate, execute and manage marketing programs for all assigned vendors.
- Ensure the timely resolution of issues involving deliveries, product quality, packaging, billing, etc. Resolve any political conflicts that arise. Proactively provide solutions.
- Candidate must have at least 3-5 years of direct selling experience calling on buyers/decision makers.
- Bilingual in English and French is a strong asset but not required
- University or College Degree is considered an asset with a strong CPG background
- The candidate must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Could successfully work on numerous projects at the same time and be able to work cohesively in a team environment.
- Confidence/“can do” attitude
- Strong negotiation and closing skills
- Strategic/creative thinking
- Business savvy is an important attribute that the right candidate must possess.
- The candidate must demonstrate a proven track record of generating incremental sales.
To Apply: Please send resumes to Beatriz.Arrarte@mosaic.com
Acosta Sales & Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer
By submitting your application you agree with and accept the Acosta Privacy Statement and Terms of Conditions.