Are you looking to transform your physiotherapy practice to new level and join a team and an organization that prides itself on building an excellent work place?
About Fraser Health Authority Fraser Health is responsible for the delivery of hospital and community-based health services to over 1.8 million people in 20 diverse communities from Burnaby to Fraser Canyon on the traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples. Our team of nearly 40,000 staff, medical staff and volunteers is dedicated to serving our patients, families and communities to deliver on our vision: Better health, best in health care.
We are proud of the innovation, dedication, professionalism and tenacity of our physicians, employees and volunteers. More than any building or technology, it's our people who make Fraser Health distinct.
About this position: You will work within a dynamic and collaborative team that supports patients in the in-patient setting at Langley Memorial Hospital . This Relief Full Time position offers educational, teaching and mentorship opportunities.
Passionate about how valued Physiotherapist's are in our organization and the role you will play? Keep reading.
This opportunity will allow you to:
- Assess clients’ physical status, functional abilities, needs, and goals to improve, maintain or support physical performance.
- Provide patients with diagnosis, prognosis and develops short and long term goals to achieve optimal health outcomes.
- Implement of interventions in accordance with established treatment guidelines and educate patients and caregivers regarding self-management, health promotion and injury/disability prevention.
- Collaborate and communicate with the multi- disciplinary team on issues that will affect the care, transfer and discharge plan for the patient.
- Participate in maintaining seamless quality patient care by identifying appropriate referrals for physiotherapy services and supports family participation in the development, implementation and ongoing modification of the care plan.
- Provides physiotherapy information and in-services to a range of healthcare teams and attends meetings as a representative of physiotherapy.
- Participates in team/program activities required to improve and optimize the delivery of care and to facilitate evidence-based practice.
- Participates in approved physical therapy and interprofessional research, special projects, and committees including professional practice councils.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of British Columbia (CPTBC).
- Knowledge of physiotherapy theory and practice within a patient and family centered model of care.
- Strong awareness of the CPTBC standards of practice and practice guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other medical professions and their role in patient care.
- Ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with patients and all members of the interprofessional care team, both verbally (one-on-one and in groups) and in writing.
- Comfortable teaching patients, caregivers, rehabilitation assistants and other health care providers.
- Ability to work independently and in collaboration in a team environment.
- Ability to establish workload priorities and adjust to unexpected events.
Have we interested you in finding out more about joining this amazing team? Want to know more?
Take the next step and apply so we can continue this conversation.
Come work with dedicated health care providers who are enthusiastic and committed to provide quality healthcare to our clients/patients/residents. We invite you to find out why more than 95% of new employees recommend Fraser Health as an excellent place to work. Work hard and have fun while you do it.