SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That's why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it's the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people's lives.
THIS JOB MIGHT BE FOR YOU IF
You can play nice with both humans and machines. You enjoy solving problems. If you don't know the answer, you'll dig until you find it. You are passionate about delivering cloud solutions that are robust, scalable and reliable.
This role is part of the SAP T&I Analytics, Cloud operations team where we work with the latest cloud technologies. We are a global team that contributes to the success of Cloud products by providing 24x7 support. If you are looking to join a friendly, passionate team with limitless potential, we'd love to meet you!
A DAY IN THE LIFE OF A CLOUDOPS ENGINEER
- Ensure the highest level of uptime and Quality of Service (QoS) for our customers
- Provision, monitor and operate cloud services in a globally distributed team
- Analyze and solve operational issues, and respond to incidents
- Conduct root cause analysis and implement continuous improvements
- Partner with local product development team to design and enhance the services
- Develop automation for testing, deployment, scalability, management & visibility of our services
- Work in a diverse environment and cross-train with other global team members
- Willingness to work occasional weekends as we ensure operation for our customers worldwide
THE SKILLS WE LOOK FOR
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or Engineering
- Basic knowledge of Cloud Computing and Databases
- Exposure to the automation tools such as Jenkins, Terraform, Ansible, etc.
- Ability to multitask and handle various projects, deadlines and changing priorities
- Excellent communication and prioritization skills
YOUR EXPERIENCE INCLUDES
- 1-3 years internship or real-world experience
- Basic understanding of web services, networking, virtualization and internet protocols
- Supporting software that runs on public cloud stacks such as AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, etc.
- Gain an understanding of building a Cloud platform from the ground up
- Work with and learn one of the fastest growing platforms in the world
- Opportunity to own critical infrastructure services that serve global customers
- Access to wellness center that includes gym, personal trainers, mediation room and even nap rooms
- Other workplace perks such as a mini-mart stocked with snacks & beverages, games room (yes, we host board games nights/video games tournaments) and pre-paid lunch card
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you're searching for a company that's dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment - apply now _._
SAP'S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas: Careers.NorthAmerica@sap.com or Careers.LatinAmerica@sap.com , APJ: Careers.APJ@sap.com , EMEA: Careers@sap.com ).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.