Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
The overall duty of this position is to ensure, with the use of examination and verification processes, that the end product meets the requirements of client specifications, public safety acts and industry regulations.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements as well as some travel.
- Performs internal and external inspections in accordance with a specific code, standard or document.
- Performs visual inspections of completed work.
- Compiles, prepares and submits daily reports and inspection reports within the associated deadlines in compliance with client, industry, company standards and policies.
- Provides recommendations on improvements and approves repairs as needed.
- Disseminates inter-office communications when required.
- Strong commitment to quality inspection and reporting.
- Actively promotes and proactively models the company’s focus on safety when interacting with all current and future employees and clients.
- Represents Applus with outside groups, regulatory bodies, associations, and clients.
- Adhering to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques, services and procedures.
- Fundamental knowledge of industry codes, regulations and practices.
- Ability to read technical documents and procedures and apply them in the field.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- A sense of urgency, strong attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Adapt in a high pressure and high production environment while managing competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED).
- Valid American Petroleum Institute (API) certification 653.
- 3-5 years’ experience in visual inspection.
- Ability to meet company certification standards as required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments especially on project sites.
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.