Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
The overall duty of this position is to oversee the completion of NDT inspections in compliance with legislated industry codes, standards and procedures. The Level II Technician maintains a high level of expertise within the scope and methods of NDT and applies continuous on-the-job training and mentorship to develop the Level I and Trainee Technicians.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements as well as some travel.
- Performs and completes NDT field inspections in compliance with client, industry and company standards and policies.
- Prepares and completes all necessary paperwork required in compliance with client, industry and company standards and policies.
- Ensures all equipment is setup, calibrated and functional at all times in alignment with client and company procedures.
- Applies testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications for both conventional and advanced NDT methods.
- Provides direction, guidance and mentorship for the continuous development of the Level I and Trainee Technicians in compliance with industry codes, standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the setup of boundaries and surveillance of work area to prevent unauthorized personnel from entering work area, as required.
- Provides applicable orientation and training to Level I and Trainee Technicians.
- Actively promotes and proactively models the company’s focus on safety when interacting with all current and future employees and clients.
- Strong commitment to quality inspection and reporting.
- Represents Applus with outside groups, regulatory bodies, associations, and clients.
- Adhering to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques, services and procedures.
- Fundamental understanding of industry codes, regulations and practices.
- Ability to setup, calibrate, test, interpret and evaluate findings on required NDT equipment in compliance with codes, standards and procedures.
- Thorough knowledge of radiation safety and operational field requirements regarding radiation safety.
- Ability to read technical documents and procedures and apply them in the field.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in a high pressure and high production environment while managing competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED).
- 3-5 years’ experience in NDT inspection.
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Level II certification/s.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments especially on project
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.