Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
The overall duty of this position is to provide field support by performing NDT inspections in compliance with legislated industry codes, standards and procedures under direct guidance of the Level II Technician. Supporting the Level II Technician, the Level I Technician conducts NDT inspections by supplying and/or holding materials or tools required for the applicable NDT method/s including transporting the necessary equipment required to perform the inspections. Assisting the Level II Technician, the Level I Technician provides guidance, knowledge and skills to develop and mentor the Trainee Technicians.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements as well as some travel.
- Assists the Level II Technician in work execution and daily tasks assigned as required.
- Prepares and completes all necessary paperwork required in compliance with client, industry and company standards and policies.
- Replenishes and organizes the required supplies, as needed, to perform assigned NDT methods.
- Performs basic NDT inspections under direct guidance of the Level II Technician.
- Responsible for cleanliness of all work areas and vehicles.
- Observes test procedures and product compliance to learn internal and industry specifications; applying knowledge and skill learned based on Level I certifications.
- Observes and learns the procedures required to perform work and to gain certification in the required NDT methods.
- Observes and learns proper documentation and reporting processes required for NDT in accordance to relevant industry codes, standards and procedures.
- Actively promotes and proactively models the company’s focus on safety when interacting with all current and future employees and clients.
- Strong commitment to quality inspection and reporting.
- Represents Applus with outside groups, regulatory bodies, associations, and clients.
- Adhering to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Strong technical knowledge and understanding of NDT techniques, services and procedures.
- Fundamental understanding of industry codes, regulations and practices.
- Ability to operate NDT equipment including setup and tear down.
- Knowledge of radiation safety and operational field requirements regarding radiation safety.
- Ability to read technical documents and procedures and apply them in the field.
- Excellent report writing and review skills.
- Excellent customer service focus, ability to quickly build strong working relationships with business partners and colleagues.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ability to adapt in a high pressure and high production environment while managing competing priorities with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize, solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, excellent organizational and analytical skills, pragmatic, eager to learn.
- Ability to excel in a team environment.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office and other software applications.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED).
- Canadian General Standards Board (CGSB) Level I certification/s.
- 3-5 years’ experience in NDT inspection.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments especially on project
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.