Jensen Hughes Consulting Canada Ltd .is looking to grow the team and has an early career opportunity for an Associate Fire protection Engineer located in Calgary, Alberta. This position is open to recent graduates or experienced early career Engineers with strong interest or experience in Code Consulting. We offer excellent and competitive compensation, a company private health plan, and encourage education and career growth opportunities.
Since 1939, we have been at the leading edge of safety, security and risk-based engineering and consulting, serving the most complex global projects. In addition, we pride ourselves on driving code and standard development and adoption throughout the world and across industries. We planted our roots with a commitment to earning your trust and protecting lives, property and reputation. Today, we continue to work at the forefront of the professional services industry in safety, security and risk-based science, engineering and consulting. Our Company Purpose + Principles honor our past while looking to the future. The range of services we provide are how we achieve our Purpose: to make our world safe, secure and resilient. This Purpose and commitments within each of four Principles (People, Industry, Clients, Performance) reflect our company culture and how we serve our clients within the world we work and live today.
- Perform professional-level Code Consulting services such as life safety consulting, performance-based fire engineering design, under the direction of a registered engineer or an experienced consultant.
- Develops code compliance drawings and inspection reports as needed on assigned tasks to see that these items are complete, accurate and in accordance with good professional service practice standards.
- Assist in the resolution of design problems that may include performing field investigations or inspections, detailed design work, and detailed checking of design computations done by others, or general coordination of specific design aspects into a project.
- Identify applicable codes and standards to reference in evaluating how to respond to Client inquiries.
- Conduct and document assigned work such as basic building code analyses, egress analyses, basic: fire detection and alarm systems reviews, smoke control systems reviews and sprinkler and water supply systems reviews, including hydraulic calculations.
- Apply engineering calculations such as size required, means of egress, maximum allowable building area, sprinkler system water supplies and smoke control equipment.
- Submit progress reports to Project Managers and Project Leaders.
- Effectively communicate with project team members, clients and others.
- Responsible self-starter with problem solving and reasoning skills.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) or higher and 0-3 years' experience
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills to write reports, business correspondence, presentations and procedure manuals, and to respond to questions from groups of managers, clients and the general public.
- Passion advancing the science of safety and in exceeding our client expectations.