We are on the hunt for a Maya Rigging Supervisor to lead a team on an exciting new Feature Animated Film!
- Manage the Rigging team to develop robust character rigs to Feature Film quality.
- Collaborate with the Animation team to test, improve and sustain, current rigs and research and develop new techniques for upcoming rigs.
- Support the Animation Department with shot specific technical issues.
- Partner with the Pipeline TDs and the Animation Supervisor to create and sustain rigging scripts and animation tools such as pose library and animation utilities for automating workflow.
- Create crowd system to speed up animation and layout of extremely populated shots.
- Increase the use of current assets while building an adaptable structure for potential projects.
- Assess and suggest tools/plug-ins or software to better enhance production output.
- Alongside the Look Dev, CFX and Lighting Supervisors, make sure that the rigged assets comply with shading, lighting reproduction specifications and all department requirements are met.
- Offer correct resource needs and bid days to achieve anticipated duties on time and within the budget.
- Join regular Production Meetings ready and organized to speak about issues and concerns as necessary.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience at a Supervisor level in feature animation and/or visual effects production.
- Excellent knowledge of technologies and techniques concerning animation and character rigging.
- Familiarity of puppet and control philosophy.
- Superb knowledge of character motion, dynamics, anatomy and volumes and masses.
- Solid Understanding of Animation process and needs including storyboard to modeling to texturing, animation and rendering.
- Production knowledge of Maya, Python and MEL is necessary.
Tangent Animation is a high-end feature animation studio focused on delivering the best creative with the industries top talent. Our locations are Winnipeg, Toronto, and Vancouver.
Tangent Animation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment process.
We thank you for your interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We constantly strive to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. We would like to hear your comments, questions and suggestions about the experience you are having. If you would like view our policy or share your comments, contact our Human Resources Department at email@example.com