YOU'RE ALL ABOUT going THE extra MILE.
Closing: Until Filled
Location: Calgary, Sunridge
Need a fresh start? Looking for a challenging career? Want to be part of an AMAzing team?
Our insurance team is looking for someone who enjoys working with people, prides themselves on excellent customer service and is interested in sales and service within the insurance industry. AMA Insurance is looking for someone who is passionate about helping our members find the right insurance solution to fit their needs. The successful applicant will help us promote AMA Insurance products and provide advice to our members to help them protect the things they care about most. Cultural fit is important to us and that's why we are willing to help license (bonus points if you have prior insurance experience) and train the right individual!
WHAT MOVES YOU
- You’re the ultimate people person who’s great at making connections.
- You genuinely care about people and you only offer our members products that will really make a difference in their life.
- You are passionate about sales and customer service… you can’t imagine doing anything else!
- You know your stuff when it comes to personal insurance and you like to stay on top of the latest products and services.
- You get that even the smallest detail can make a huge difference in someone’s life.
- You understand the importance of being organized and on time (because you know it’s also important to our members).
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Report to Manager, Insurance Agency.
- Identify members’ insurance requirements and provide, or advise on, the products and services they may need.
- Build relationships with clients to stay informed of their ever-changing needs and use various customer service skills to promote the retention of existing members.
- Demonstrate a desire to engage in customer-focused conversations that will lead to member satisfaction and/or a buying decision.
- Use various tools and presentation styles to promote our products and services.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE
- You have a grade 12 diploma or equivalent.
- Bonus points if you have a related post-secondary education and/or a CIP Designation.
- You have at least 6 months of insurance-specific experience, or equivalent in sales and/or customer service experience.
- You have your level General Insurance Certificate of Authority Level 1. If not, we’ll help you earn your license, please start by thoroughly reviewing the following Alberta Insurance Council (AIC) links;
- Requirements for Certification - License Application Checklist.
- How to Apply for a General or Adjuster License - https://www.abcouncil.ab.ca/wp-content/uploads/How-to-apply-for-a-General_Adjuster-License.pdf. (Please consider page 14)
WHAT YOU'LL GET
- Competitive salary plus variable pay
- Flexible benefits.
- Outstanding employer-paid Pension Plan.
- Great AMA discounts.
- Unlimited learning opportunities.
- Paid vacation and floater day.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
*The hours of work for this position is 37.5 hours per week within the hours of business operations. We are currently open from 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm Saturdays*