Kingspan Insulated Panels North America, a division of the Kingspan Group Plc headquartered in Ireland, is a global and trusted leader in the design, manufacturing, and supply of high-performance sustainable building products and solutions for the construction industry. As the most energy-efficient, cost-effective building envelope solutions, insulated metal panels are at the forefront of sustainability. We serve the architectural, commercial/industrial, cold storage and food processing markets, and are committed to delivering the most advanced building products on the market. Learn about our Planet Passionate initiatives: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEeIS55WMOk
At Kingspan, our future success is based on the quality of our people, who's expertise and motivation have helped ensure that we remain at the forefront of the construction materials manufacturing industry. In joining Kingspan you become an important part of a growing organization with a reputation for innovative design and use of technology, technical expertise, product quality, service excellence, and dedication to sustainability.
Ready to be part of our team?
We are looking for a Maintenance Mechanic for our Caledon office!
Summary: Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as embossers, saws, pneumatic equipment, hydraulic equipment, reducers, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
- Troubleshoot mechanical devices in operation and determine the scope of repair and root cause of the failure.
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
- Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments.
- Repair, replace or rebuild defective parts.
- Installs special functional and structural parts in devices.
- Lubricates and cleans parts.
- Starts devices to test their performance.
- Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
- Communicate parts needed to order and complete daily shift report
- Experience with welding, fabricating and cutting
- 5 years of experience with automated industrial equipment.
Other Skills and Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Millwright trade license 433A
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Must possess valid driver license
- Should possess valid forklift operator license
- Should possess valid working at heights certificate
- Working knowledge of “Hot Work”
- Working knowledge of WHMIS or GHS
- Available to work rotating 8 hour shifts
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as length, tolerance, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume in imperial and metric. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exert up to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Involves sitting, bicycling, walking, crouching or standing for periods of time.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
**Kingspan is an Equal Opportunity Employer**