Harris Rebar is North America’s leading fabricator, installer and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Harris Rebar provides local service from rebar fabrication shops across North America. Each location is equipped with state of the art fabrication equipment. However, it is OUR TEAM that makes the difference; driving our success with their knowledge, experience, and know-how to get your job done.
At Harris Rebar, we respect, believe and invest in our people, who in turn deliver the highest level in service to our customers
This is an entry level position dedicated to assisting in the upkeep of the maintenance in Harris Rebar Richmond facility and Fabrication shop operations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Perform routine maintenance to ensure safe and optimum functioning equipment, systems, and processes
- Help troubleshoot, repair, and modify equipment to maintain workplace safety and production efficiency
- Maintain Maintenance / Repair records
- Operate a drill press/cutting torch
- Fabrication at times using angle iron, tube steel, and/or pipe.
- Maintenance of the buildings and upkeep of the facility grounds.
- Use of hand tools, grinders, and other basic shop tools and equipment.
- Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- Possess a valid driver’s license
- Ability to perform physical work with limited supervision
- Understanding of small tool operations and safety
- Welding experience
SPECIAL DEMANDS / PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Must be familiar with, and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
- Working conditions can be noisy/ smoky/ dusty/ hot/ cold
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Overtime / Weekend hours may be required
Full Dental and Health Benefits