Harris Rebar is North America’s leading fabricator, installer and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Harris Rebar provides local service from rebar fabrication shops across North America. Each location is equipped with state of the art fabrication equipment, however, it is OUR TEAM that makes the difference; driving our success with their knowledge, experience and know-how to get your job done.
At Harris Rebar we respect, believe and invest in our people, who in turn deliver the highest level in service to our customers.
Bend, cut, bundle, and load reinforcing steel bars in accordance with customer's orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Demonstrate conduct consistent with Harris Rebar's vision and values.
- This is an entry-level position. Incumbent may operate any one of the following machines:
- Operate a shearing machine to cut reinforcing steel bars to specific lengths.
- Operate a bending machine to bend reinforcing steel bars to specified shape.
- Operate overhead crane to move, assemble, and select material to be fabricated or shipped.
- Operate Fabmatic machine that cuts and bends reinforcing steel bars to specified shapes.
- Operating Band-saw, cutting product to specific lengths.
- Operating threading machine, making threads on different types of rebar or smooth bar.
- Operating cage forming machine, building, and producing welded cages.
- Operate Forklift
- Unload trailers and store material in storage bins.
- Assemble and load orders onto trailers for shipping.
- Operate power saw for cutting reinforcing steel bars to specified lengths.
- Operate a spray gun in the application of epoxy touch up or reinforcing steel bars.
- Maintain the shop or designated area in a clean and safe manner.
- Assist other employees in any of the above tasks.
- Must have basic math skills to be able to calculate bar measurements
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Forklift experience is considered an asset
- Overtime hours may be required
- Must be able to work any shift
- Must be familiar with, and adhere to shop safety policies and procedures
- Some heavy lifting may be necessary
- Working conditions can be noisy/ dusty/ hot/ cold
Full Medical and Dental Benefits, RRSP Matching and Stock Purchase
Harris Rebar is committed to providing accommodations for applicants with disabilities; please contact us if you require an accommodation during the recruitment process.
Harris Rebar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.