House 2 Home Landscaping is searching for a responsible, self-starter to be our new Landscape Lead Hand and manage a number of groundskeeping teams. The Landscape Lead Hand's responsibilities include overseeing the construction of outdoor spaces and maintaining existing grounds, monitoring and training workers, supervising the use of equipment, ensuring staff observe safety guidelines and protocols, and completing various administrative duties. You should also have leadership skills and sound knowledge of pesticides and chemicals.
To be successful as a Landscape Lead Hand, you should be able to both follow and provide instructions. A top-notch Landscape Lead Hand should constantly be expanding their horticulture knowledge, be a keen problem-solver, and possess remarkable communication skills.
Landscape Lead Hand Responsibilities:
Landscape Lead Hand Requirements:
- Delegating tasks and overseeing the use of tools and equipment.
- Training new crew members.
- Assessing progress and making recommendations.
- Ensuring all crew members obey health and safety regulations at all times.
- Completing landscape design and construction.
- Completing equipment inspections.
Examples of duties:
- High school diploma.
- Knowledge and experience building block retaining walls and installing paving stones.
- Knowledge of tools and equipment used in landscaping.
- On-the-job training as a landscape crew member.
- Experience in a leadership role would be advantageous.
- Ability to provide clear written and verbal instructions.
- Perform highly physical installation work on a consistent basis.
- Keep accurate timesheet records
- Attend training classes and seminars as requested by management.
- Frequently operates machinery such as a powered auger, compactor, sprayer, cutoff saw, and masonry saw.
- A first aid certificate is a bonus.
- Must have steel-toed boots.
- Construct cement block retaining walls.
- Install paving stones.
- Level and prepare grades for playgrounds, yards, commercial properties.
- Install natural sod or artificial turf.
- Plant landscaping trees or bushes.
- Work as a heavy equipment assistant.
- Install and paint panel fencing.
- New duties all of the time based on the customer's needs.
We offer competitive wages, a great work environment, and an ability to grow with our expanding company.
About House 2 Home Landscaping:
At House2Home Landscaping, our strong appreciation for the landscaping trade and our love for precise, functional, creative landscape design helps us shape every single project we work on.
Our first priority is producing custom-made, quality landscaping designs that are executed with the highest attention to detail and are perfectly suited to meet the needs of each unique client. No matter how small or complex a project we are working on, the challenge of creating practical, functional, and aesthetically beautiful pieces is the most rewarding thing we can do.