The Landscape Construction Laborer is responsible for working as a team member under the direct
supervision of the Landscape Construction Foreman. This role is responsible for completing construction landscape installation jobs in an efficient manner, promoting job worksite safety, providing excellent customer service, and exhibits pride and quality workmanship.
- Work closely with Foreman and Crew Leader in the installation of landscape construction projects.
- Always represent the company’s best interest, maintain the highest level of professionalism.
- Maintain a clean and safe job site
- Maintain and care for company equipment, tools, and vehicles.
- Perform highly physical installation work on a consistent basis.
- Work as part of a team and take direction.
- Keep accurate timesheet records
- Attend training classes and seminars as requested by management.
- Perform other tasks or projects as assigned/instructed by Foreman and/or Crew Leader.
- Frequently operates machinery such as a powered auger, compactor, sprayer, cutoff saw, and masonry saw.
Examples of duties:
- Knowledge and experience in installing a variety of hardscape applications and assets.
- Highly motivated, self-driven, and detailed oriented.
- Must be professional in appearance and actions.
- Great time management skills; available for seasonal long hours, weekends, and although rare potential holidays.
- Punctual and dependable with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals of differing backgrounds, knowledge, and skill levels.
- Physical demands require constantly moving, walking, stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling.
- Frequently required to stand and walk, lift and/or move up to 50 to over 100 lbs. with assistance.
- Constantly required to communicate with the ability to talk and hear.
- Requires to constantly work outdoors in all types of weather conditions and exposure to elements. This can include heavy to moderate noise, extreme proximity to moving equipment or machinery, proximity to electrical energy, exposure to tools and machines used in construction industries.
- Be flexible and ready to learn new job skills on a weekly basis.
- A first-aid certificate is a bonus.
- Must have steel-toed boots.
- Construct cement block retaining walls.
- Install paving stones.
- Level and prepare grades for playgrounds, yards, commercial properties.
- Install natural sod or artificial turf.
- Plant landscaping trees or bushes.
- Work as a heavy equipment assistant.
- Install and paint panel fencing.
- New duties all of the time based on the customer's needs.
About House 2 Home Landscaping:
At House2Home Landscaping, our strong appreciation for the landscaping trade and our love for precise, functional, creative landscape design helps us shape every single project we work on.
Our first priority is producing custom-made, quality landscaping designs that are executed with the highest attention to detail and are perfectly suited to meet the needs of each unique client. No matter how small or complex a project we are working on, the challenge of creating practical, functional, and aesthetically beautiful pieces is the most rewarding thing we can do.