Our partner is dedicated to solving the industry’s most demanding computational challenges. They strive to redefine intractable problems by reframing them to achieve superior results using the most effective software built to date. With over 8 years of fast growth within the industry, they are now looking to expand their team in Vancouver. If you are a creative and team-oriented tech enthusiast, we would love to hear from you!
About the role:
As a software developer focused on application security in their Healthcare team, you will have the opportunity to develop the computational platform and the in-house infrastructure of machine learning tools created by the team.
- Working with the internal teams as well as customers to design, build, and verify the security of machine-learning powered programs and APIs.
- Contribute to the development of software solutions with both classical and cloud computing for the healthcare products in collaboration with developers and ML researchers.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of security in our on-premise and cloud infrastructures.
- Drive effective integration and adoption of security best practices and techniques in identifying design flaws and software issues.
- A bachelor's degree in computer science/engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with the full software lifecycle, including design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience and/or certification (CSSLP, CISSP) in application security, penetration testing, security benchmarking, and automation.
- Advanced proficiency and technical expertise with Python
- Development experience in Unix-based environments and proficiency in Unix shell scripting
- Experience with Git and related source control concepts
- Knowledge of common application and network protocols, cryptographic technologies, public key infrastructure, and common security threats, such as attack techniques, evasive techniques, and preventative and defensive methods.
- A demonstrated ability to successfully guide implementation and validation related to the security of complex software programs and systems.
- Self-motivation and the ability to take initiative and follow through reliably
- A drive to proactively seek out opportunities to help move projects forward and contribute to their improvement
- An openness to soliciting feedback to improve your performance and, in turn, continually providing input to team members to elevate team performance
- A dedication to maintaining team unity and success through open communication
Nice to haves:
- Solid understanding of the healthcare regulatory landscape, including achieving compliance with the requirements defined by Health Canada, the FDA, and HIPPA
- Experience with Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. terraform)
- Experience contributing to the design and implementation of scientific software or in collaborating with researchers
Powered by JazzHR