CDN Controls Ltd. is a fully integrated provider of instrumentation, electrical, automation, communication, combustion and emissions, and meter proving services throughout Western Canada. CDN Controls has been providing the oil and gas industry with the high-quality services needed for business operations since 2011. At CDN Controls, we understand that our employees are the biggest asset in our success, and we take great pride in selecting employees who are team orientated, driven and eager to succeed.
Our growing company is currently looking to hire Year 2, 3, and 4 Electrical Apprentices to join our Major Projects team, based out of our Grande Prairie office. With our diverse geographic footprint, our Electricians may travel to various locations and work different shift types. The ideal candidate will have experience in the Oil and Gas industry, a safety conscious mentality and are willing to learn and grow within CDN Controls.
- Understand safety legislation, regulations and industry policies in the trades, and practice safe work procedures and adhere to all company Environmental, Heath, and Safety policies and procedures
- Assist Journeyman and other apprentices with the maintenance, replacement and installation of equipment.
- Assist with cutting, threading, bending, assembling and installing conduits and other conductors and fittings.
- Assist with pulling wire and cable, installations and conduit, EMT and PVC piping systems, splicing, joining and connecting wire to form circuits.
- Test electrical and electronic equipment and components for continuity, voltage, and resistance.
- Assist in the installation and maintenance of batteries, solar panels, voltage regulators, failsafe control wiring in the oil and gas industry, MCC equipment and interconnect wiring, lighting, and heat trace contactors as well interconnect wiring.
- Use hand tools, power tools, testing equipment and specialty tools.
- Help in interpreting drawings to better help execute electrical installation and troubleshooting in the oil and gas industry.
- Understand methods of producing EMF, magnetism and electromagnetism, and generators.
- Be able to understand and interpret sections in the Canadian electrical code book, using any table and appendixes, and exercise rules when applicable
- Journeyman Electrician or Indentured 2nd- 4th Year Electrical Apprentice.
- A valid Class 5 license with a clean driver abstract.
- Valid H2S, First Aid, OSSA Fall Protection, Aerial Work Platform, CSO, and CSTS.
- Experience in the Oil and Gas industry in construction or maintenance is considered an asset.
- Ability to work in various working conditions ranging from outdoors to indoors in a variety of weather conditions and working from heights as needed.
- A pre-employment drug and alcohol test is required prior to employment.
Why CDN Controls?
Our goal is to make sure CDN Controls is the best place for you to work. That means we are building, growing and will consistently ask for your feedback and involvement so that you feel empowered and proud to work here!
Some of the benefits you can expect at CDN are:
- Part of a strong team, we challenge each other day in and day out, and learn from each other.
- On the job training to set you up for success.
- Mentorship from talented industry leading professionals, driven to grow.
- Competitive pay and benefits.
- Your colleagues will be there to support you.
Does this sound like the opportunity that you have been waiting for? Apply today and grow with us! We…….
- Win as a team!
- Are committed to excellence!
- Take care of everything (one stop shop)!
- Act with honesty, loyalty and respect!
- Hire talented people, driven to grow!