Harris Rebar is North America’s leading fabricator, installer and distributor of concrete reinforcing steel and related products. Harris Rebar was founded in 1954 with the basic belief that every person at Harris can and does make a difference. Harris has grown significantly in the past several years and continues to do so through acquisitions and new operations. At Harris, we respect, believe and invest in our teammates who in turn deliver the highest level in services to our customers.
If you are interested in working for a well-established company with an excellent benefits plan we want to hear from you.
Harris Rebar is currently looking for a Detailing Manager for the Greater Vancouver Area, working out of our Abbotsford location.
The Detailing Manager would be responsible to manage the detailing services so that work assigned to the location is properly detailed and coordinated with customers. Coordinate outside detailing requirements and contracts with vendors. Supervise/train new de- tailers, supervise detailers and ensure performance standards are being met. Ensure that the work environment is safe and encourages productivity and a quality end product.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Demonstrate leadership consistent with Harris Rebar’s vision and values.
- Assign all detailing work for (the location) to an appropriate detailer so that detailing can be done efficiently and in accordance with customers’ delivery needs.
- Oversee the productivity and work quality of the detailers to ensure efficiency, accuracy, and quality of presentation.
- Manage the assignment of detailing to outside vendors so that high quality purchased detailing is obtained at fair rates.
- Manage the contacts between detailers and customers’ offices or job sites so that accurate information regarding delivery requirements is always at hand and so that problems can be resolved or avoided.
- Review all extras and changes to contracts being detailed in house or by outside vendors; coordinate with sales personnel so that customers are properly advised and billed in accordance with such changes.
- Review all customer back charges on contracts detailed in house or by outside vendors; coordinate with sales personnel so that fair and reasonable settlements can be negotiated and so that similar problems do not repeat.
- Review and approve all invoices from vendors as required.
- Manage the performance appraisal process and recommend appropriate salary adjustments as needed for all detailing personnel.
- Provide consulting services to other Harris locations as appropriate.
- Manage the recruitment, hiring, orientation and training of new detailer employees and support personnel.
- Keep apprised of any technological developments in detailing methodology and equipment and make appropriate recommendations to management so Harris Rebar can detail as efficiently and effectively as possible.
- Produce reports as requested by management.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of CRSI and the Manual of Standard Practice.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Branch Manager.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Reinforcing Detailer
- Experience in customer relations and resolving problems or disputes.
- Effective skills in communication, motivation, performance evaluation, and customer service
- Basic knowledge of contract law, standard business practices, and human relations
- Previous Supervisor experience would be considered an asset.
- Occasional travel may be required, including an overnight stay
- Must maintain strict confidentiality regarding personnel situations and certain customer and management information.
- Work schedule may include hours beyond the normal business day
- Typical office activities
- Walking, sitting, standing, bending
- Using hands to operate objects, tools, computers and other electronic equipment
- Lifting/handling computers and related equipment
- Vision abilities including close vision and adjusting focus
- Moderate noise level.
Full Medical & Dental Benefits, RSP matching, and Stock Purchase opportunity
Harris Rebar is an Equal Opportunity employer.