Applus+ is a global leader in the Testing, Inspection and Certification sector delivering non-destructive testing, inspection, engineering, and manpower services to the aerospace, power, and, oil and gas industries. We are a trusted partner who enhances the quality and safety of our clients’ assets and infrastructures while safeguarding their operations. We deliver this through our technical capabilities, innovative approach, and our motivated team who are committed to operational excellence.
Applus+ has achieved a significant global presence and a leading position in its target markets and regions. As a result, our teams have expanded with 19,000 professionals across the world, attracting the very best talent in the industry.
Together beyond standards.
The overall duty of this position is to ensure, with the use of examination and verification processes, that the end product meets the requirements of client specifications and public safety acts and regulations.
Due to the nature of this position there will be on-call and overtime requirements as well as some travel.
- Complies with the quality standard set by Applus and its clients.
- Organizes and documents the correct storing and adjusts all quality control equipment and materials
- Examines weldments and materials such as pipes, structural members and mechanical equipment at different stages of processing to ensure adherence to client requirements.
- Grades and labels products in accordance to dimensions and makeup of the materials involved or other criteria.
- Analyzes samples of products in the laboratory during or after processing operation.
- Tests product for density, cracks and stability in accordance to qualifications. Performs retesting after the repairs have been made.
- Consults with Supervisors or the necessary individuals involved with the issues and product imperfections inspections to advise when corrections have been made.
- Completes all the required examination and testing and prepares reports.
- Mentors and coaches the CWB Level 1 Inspectors.
- Assists the Quality Control Manager.
- Adheres to organizational policies and procedures, including but not limited to Applus
- Code of Ethics and Confidentiality Agreements.
- Other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary.
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus. Exhibits honesty, discretion, confidentiality, and sound judgment.
- Sound knowledge of industry standards; have the ability to recall, comprehend specific directions, procedures or other relevant information to visual inspections.
- Must have strong vision abilities in peripheral, close, distance, depth perception and adjusting focus.
- Frequent movement of standing, walking and sitting for lengthy periods of time.
- Strong gross and fine motor skills of touch, feel, handle; reaching with fingers, hands and arms.
- Weight requirements of lifting and/or moving objects up to 50lbs on a regular basis.
- Must be able to perform work at heights.
- Adapt in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage competing priorities and
- multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with demonstrated ability to prioritize,
- solve problems, and consistently meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills matched with the ability to negotiate and build relationships with key stakeholders.
- Focused on continuous improvement and committed to learning new practices and developing better ways of doing things.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products.
- High School Diploma or Canadian General Equivalency Diploma, (GED).
- 3-5 years’ experience as a QC Inspector or NDT Technician.
- Canadian Welding Bureau (CWB) Level 2 Welding Inspector certification.
- Valid G Class Driver’s License is required.
- Equivalent industry experience combined with other formal training and accreditations may be accepted.
- Required to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid and dry/arid conditions in temperature extremes and inclement weather.
- Frequently required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous materials in various working environments.
- Commonly exposed to walking on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Occasionally required to work in noisy/loud working environments especially on project sites.
- Required to work overtime during the week and weekend depending on project scope and work volume.
- Occasional to frequent travel will be required within Canada.
- Working conditions will vary between project locations.