Bombardier is a global leader, creating innovative and game-changing planes. Our products and services provide world-class transportation experiences that set new standards in passenger comfort, energy efficeincy, reliability and safety. We are a global organization focused on working together with a team spirit.
In your role, you will:
- Manage the End to end process of designing, developing, testing and deploying data integration workflows (ingest, transformation, storage, consumption).
- Plan and Execute secure, best practice data strategies and approaches.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (business analysts, data scientists, marketing, engineering, developers, architects) to develop and improve the current data architecture, data quality, monitoring and data availability schemas.
- Design and building robust data ingest & transformation pipelines and solutions needed to acquire, ingest, and process data from multiple sources and systems into modern data platforms.
- Restructure and wrangling data into forms suitable and valuable for a variety of downstream usage including business analytics, machine/ deep learning model development, as well as in systems and applications for operational, business and commercial purposes.
- Create and maintaining underlying cloud data infrastructure responsible for managing data flow from ingestion to storage, and to consumption.
- Work cross-functionally with our consultants and tech leads to ensure solutions developed aligns comfortably within the organizational preferences on basis of technology and methodology.
- Keep up to date with advancements in data technologies and leveraging the initiatives to improve and scale existing data architectures leading to improved Bombardier Aviation customers’ experience.
As our ideal candidate,
- You possess a bachelor's/ Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline.
- You have a minimum of 7 to 10 years of industry experience in data engineering, software development, business intelligence, data science, or related field with a track record of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large datasets.
- You have experience with different ETL techniques & data modeling approaches.
- You have industry experience using Java, Scala, Python, SQL, or similar for data manipulation.
- You have expertise with data technologies such as S3, Parquet, Athena, Redshift, RDS, as well as with integrating with REST APIs using JSON/XML.
- You possess effective interpersonal, communication and leadership skills, and have the ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- You have strong analytic skills related to working with structured/unstructured datasets.
- You have the ability to effectively articulate recommendations/conclusions verbally and in writing
- You have an expertise in data engineering or architecture role in a company with large, complex data sources, and have experience working with AWS data technologies (EMR, Redshift, S3, Glue, Kinesis and Lambda, Athena).
- You have expertise building/operating highly available, distributed systems of data extraction, ingestion, and processing of large datasets, as well as ETL, data modeling, data injection, transformation and processing.
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages persons of any race, religion, ethnicity, gender identity, sexual orientation, age immigation status, disability or other applicable legally protected Characteristics to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone.
Join us at https://bombardier.com/en/careers/career-opportunities