- Work with all assigned job seekers to:
a) Assist them in matching their skills and interests with viable and sustainable employment opportunities.
b) Implement their career goals and provide coaching and follow-up support to them.
- Assist job seekers in preparing for successful application, interviewing, and performance of specific job opportunities by coaching, providing constructive feedback, and guiding clients to meet the employer’s expectations.
- Assist job seekers with information on career planning, apprenticeships/training, internships, credential assessment, and WoodGreen employment programs and other community services which support employability.
- Manage a caseload of assigned job seekers with the responsibility of obtaining an appropriate job opportunity in line with performance targets.
- Collect and update relevant information related to employment labour market changes and training.
- Refer job seekers to other programs within the organization and or other community resources as appropriate.
- Outreach to, and liaise with, employers in assigned sectors to secure meaningful employment, internships, job placements, job trials, job shadowing, and mentorship opportunities.
- Negotiate training plans and contract agreements with employers and plan, monitor, and manage placement incentive budget allocations, in consultation with Management.
- Negotiate financial support to employers, when required, to assist in the removal of participation barriers and to ensure their interests are met.
- Conduct workplace site visits, bi-weekly follow-up support, and identify and resolves workplace issues that may affect job seekers’ success in the workplace.
- Case counsel with other staff in the client’s support team and collaborate to proactively support the client’s wellbeing and obtain successful outcomes.
- Maintain client files and documentation as well as all aspects of client confidentiality.
- Ensure that all payment requisitions are processed in a timely manner and responsible for submitting completed job trial applications, timesheets, and terminations.
- Participate as part of the team in developing and implementing unit goals and objectives.
- Ensure the anti-racism objectives and community development principles of the organization are achieved within the program.