Our team of professionals offers a full range of services to clients in a wide range of sectors including government, industrial & commercial, water, transportation, minerals & metals, oil & gas and clean energy.
We are currently seeking an Intermediate Materials Testing Technician to join our Environment & Infrastructure Solutions group in Winnipeg, MB. Applicants must be willing to work flexible hours.
- Prioritize work in a team environment
- Responsible for providing client service
- Assist in business development
- Train and supervise junior staff
- Provide quality control and quality assurance on a variety of laboratory and field projects including but not limited to:
- Concrete Field and Laboratory Testing
- Aggregate Field and Laboratory Testing
- Foundation Installation Monitoring
- Earthworks Construction Monitoring
- Preparation of Field Reports
- Out of town work should be anticipated, and typically based on a rotation bases.
- Completion of a Geological, Construction or Civil Engineering Technology program
- Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of related materials testing experience including aggregate, concrete, and asphalt, but applicants with less experience will be considered
- Preference will be given to individuals with foundation installation monitoring experience
- Knowledge of CSA, ASTM, and Provincial Test Methods an asset
- Detail oriented, organized, team player and self-motivated
- Must be well organized and have the ability to manage and prioritize several tasks at one time and ensure commitment to service and technical excellence
- Willingness and ability to work outdoors for long days in rough terrain, harsh elements
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be able to lift independently up to a maximum of 50 lbs.
- Flexible to work overtime as required
- Must have & wear CSA Safety boots while in the field
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.