Position PurposeThis position will assist in all aspects of the painting process and will assist with pre-finishing, sanding, cleaning, material transfer, paint mixing, and other duties as required. This job is for a reliable, hard-working individual that has a high level of attention to detail with the ability to work independently and efficiently while being focused on Safety and Continuous improvement aspects. Duties and Responsibilities
- Working in a safe manner and following all safety rules.
- Prepare parts for paint by masking, sanding, and cleaning.
- Properly load parts on racks or tables in order to achieve desired paint results.
- Maximize paint loads while ensuring quality standards are maintained.
- Properly identify and tag parts
- Identify and gather all paint supplies needed for each paint load
- Ensure the flow of work orders is maintained as directed by following schedule and proper staging of jobs.
- Complete assigned work within given timeframe and according to specifications.
- Assist in maintenance, cleaning, and repair of equipment and booths as required.
- Keep all work areas including staging area clean and organized, emptying scrap and garbage containers as necessary.
- Maintain all quality standards in accordance with the specifications for each job in order to meet customer requirements.
- Performs additional duties as deemed necessary.
- Takes initiative and is a self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple duties/projects at one time, work independently with minimal supervision, and resolve conflict in a professional manner.
- Maintains open communication and a team-oriented work environment with all departments and all levels of personnel.
- Demonstrates flexibility and professionalism throughout the day.
- Adhere to all start/end times including break and lunch schedules.
- Willingness to work in other areas of the facility as required.
Qualifications / Experience / Required Skills:
- Preferred: High school diploma or GED from an accredited school system or program.
- Preferred: 6 months of related experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- Possess knowledge of and ability to identify and work with components and paint material/equipment.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Position requires physical requirements including lifting, pushing/pulling, lifting, bending/stretching, and standing.
- Dental care.
- Disability insurance.
- Extended health care.
- Life insurance.
- On-site parking.
- RRSP match.
Eastside ensures all protocols are followed for the safety of our employees, their families, and our customers.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required.
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place.
- Social distancing guidelines in place.
About Eastside Industrial Coatings and Composites :
Established in 1997, Eastside Industrial started out as a coatings business, preparing and painting fibreglass and metal components for local OEMs.As the coatings business continued to grow with a focus on “A” Finish coatings, Eastside Industrial moved to a larger location (our current space), committed to diversifying into composites manufacturing and expanding our customer base throughout the continent.Today, Eastside Industrial serves dozens of OEMs across North America with tooling prototyping, assembly, coatings and composites manufacturing solutions. Eastside Industrial continues to see growth as we expand our operations to accommodate higher scale and more innovative production methods to continue meeting our current and targeted customer needs.We remain a family owned business focused on growing our team and developing our team to have a successful future with Eastside or a member of the Eastside Group.