Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands like La Brea Bakery®, Otis Spunkmeyer®, and Oakrun Farm Bakery®. With 13 bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers’ expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The goal of this position is to support bakery overall performance enhancing all department employees – union and non-union - knowledge and competencies on safety, food safety and manufacturing practices within company’s Core Values, Policies and programs.
This position main focus will be to implement and maintain our bakery training program. It will also assist the EHSS Supervisor with implementing and maintaining HS&S programs.
- Designing, conducting, assessing and maintaining programs to ensure all training needs are met effectively
- Develop and maintaining related training matrix and records and ensure compliance throughout
- Coordinate and/or developp Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) and work instructions with all bakery departments teams
- Support EHSS Manager in all areas of training and safety/sustainability
- Identifying training requirements/needs across bakery for all departments and positions
- Develop and maintain relevant training material in regards to topics and audience
- Deliver – in classroom and on the floor - training to all bakery positons including new hires orientation
- Ensure records are up to date
- Coordinate Corporate monthly training program completion for all departments
- Identify/prioritize bakery departments needs in regards to SOP requirements
- Coordinate development/draft of SOP with safety, food safety and efficiency in mind
- Tracking, analyzing and reporting training and safety performance results
- Proactively identify opportunities for improvement in all areas of training and safety
- Ensure GMP’s and safe food handling practices are being followed
- Perform all other duties as assigned
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATION
- Highly organized self starter who can manage multiple priorities and time effectively in a dynamic workplace with changing priorities
- Ability to work independently and under minimum supervision
- Ability to get the job done while engaging people
- Demonstrated successful team problem solving, conflict resolution and planning skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to present a variety of material to a variety of audiences
- Capable of accurate and timely document keeping
- Ability to assess training needs and objectives
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and evaluate responsive programs and initiatives including training plans, curricula, and methodology
- Teaching and facilitation skills both in classroom and on the job. Proven peer training ability
- Sound decision making and organizational skills
- Thirst for knowledge and willingness to learn new skills/environment
- Thourough proficiency in MS Office particularly Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint and Word
- High degree of personal ethics, integrity and accountability
- Familiarity with adult learning principles and strategy
- Proven experience in implementation of a training program from needs assessment, material development and delivery, record keeping to efficiency review
- Proven experience in completion of multiple training topics/type in a manufacturing environment
- Experience in food manufacturing industry is a definite asset
- Experience in Union environments and/or safety would be an asset
- Degree in Education, Training, HR or related field preferred.
- 3 to 5 years experience
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.