Would you like to oversee an award-winning designed building and feel the positive impact your mechanical knowledge, technical abilities and well-crafted care makes in the lives of senior residents every day?
At PARC, we are a leader in independent senior living and are driven to create an active, vibrant lifestyle for our residents. PARC is an exceptional workplace with opportunities, challenges and rewards to inspire employees to do their best daily.
We’re looking for an exceptional Building Services Manager to oversee our flagship residence at Westerleigh PARC, in West Vancouver.
What can you expect when you join our customer-service-oriented team?
You’ll work in a state-of-the-art building where you can practice your well-honed skills, meet enticing challenges that help move PARC and your career ahead and you’ll develop meaningful relationships with our residents and their families. Watch the video and see what our employees have to say.
About the role
- Reporting to the Assistant General Manager and the Regional Facilities Manager
- Responsible for overall building care and maintenance including various initiatives (i.e. mechanical, plumbing and electrical repairs, envelope and interior work, maintenance and maintaining building aesthetics both interior/exterior)
- Supervise and manage the performance and skill capabilities of your maintenance assistant
- Oversee and coordinate contracted services and vendors to ensure building safety, workflow and performance. Cultivate reliable, accountable external service relationships.
- Responsible for taking a proactive, environmental and cost-effective approach to the maintenance and functionality of the building operational systems
- As a hands-on leader, you have minimum 5 years’ experience supervising building maintenance operations and contractors, in many areas such as plumbing, electrical, mechanical, envelope interior and exterior work, painting, cleaning, and building aesthetics
- Senior Living, hotel or hospitality property maintenance with existing building operations background would be considered an asset
- Able to effectively and quickly trouble shoot building equipment and systems
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities
- Ability to manage emergencies and respond under pressure
- Completed Facility Management, Class 5 Power Engineering Certification, or equivalent
- Experience incorporating critical thinking, providing efficient and effective solutions for reliable building maintenance and optimum systems operations
- Proven communication abilities, with an active listening approach recognizing and addressing concerns in a friendly manner both sensibly and effectively
- Keen eye for detail on daily building rounds
- Previous experience with MS office suite and computerized maintenance management software (CMMS)
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Perks of the Job and what we offer our employees
- Offering comprehensive compensation package, including extended benefits and discretionary annual bonus
- Training and development opportunities to enhance your skills, grow and advance professionally with PARC
- Employee recognition when its due and annually, to celebrate your commitment and reward your tenure with us
- Pride in serving higher purpose and see first-hand impact of your efforts on the lives of our residents
If this sounds like you, apply now: www.parcliving.ca/careers
At PARC we appreciate each other and all that we have. We are committed to providing an equal opportunity to all qualified candidates in accordance with provincial legislation. If you have questions regarding PARC Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives or require accommodation at any stage in the hiring process please contact HR at (604) 408-5811 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Powered by JazzHR