|Company:||Breakthru Beverage Group|
Search for similar jobs in your region
PMA Canada is the largest private Sales and Marketing execution partner of fine spirits, wines, beer and coolers in Canada. We represent a number of premium brands in the beverage alcohol industry. We have delivered strong, uninterrupted sales growth since the Company foundation 40 years ago. We pride ourselves on providing Service Excellence for our Brand Owners, Customers & Consumers.
The Brand Manager – New Business fosters strong relationships with exciting new brand owner partners and trade development to develop the brand vision and goals for Canada. Collaborating closely with the key internal stakeholders in the integration, development and execution of ATL & BTL budgets and plans. The Brand Manager is the go to expert in Marketing/ Brand Management for the brands to achieve annual brand objectives that outpaces category growth.
Deliver superior brand performance by enabling saliency and advocacy with the influencers (OP Bartenders, Customers, Consumers and Media where applicable) and lead the charge to recruit new and lapsed consumers working in conjunction with the PMA Marketing and Customer Marketing team, Agencies, the PMA Sales Force and Customers (Retail, On-Premise outlets & chains).
• Commercial Results: Brand Depletions (Sales), Market Share & brand ROI (at the level of Can $ income less A&P) beats plan.
• Brand Owner Engagement: Proactively engages the Brand Owner team and SR Director, Brand Development to align on annual Brand Plans and Activations within brand guidelines.
o Develop and establish clear brand communication & activation strategies that drive brand growth, image & equity.
o Develop activity plans from aligned consumer strategies and provide direction, tools and materials for activation.
• Ensure effective management of assigned budgets, collaborating with Trade Development Team/Regional Sales.
• Conduct measurement and evaluation of Above the Line (A.T.L.) and Below the Line (B.T.L) campaigns as needed.
• Be direct point of contact for assigned suppliers/3rd parties and foster strong relationships
• Provide monthly/quarterly reporting, performance tracking, A&P reconciliation for assigned brands
• Measure brand performance in conjunction with supplier KPIs
• Responsible for maintaining consistency of brand messaging and presentation
• Collaborate with internal stakeholders to drive achievement of brand plans
• Evaluate growth opportunities and synergistic capabilities with integration of new brand and business partners
• Team Work
Behavioral Compentency Requirements:
• Consumer Centricity
• Inspection of Expected Results
• Ownership of the Business
• No Blame Fixing
• Strategic Thinking
• A Bias for Action
• Business Curiosity (eager to dive into the numbers)
• “Thumb on the Pulse” of bar scene and lifestyle trends
Management Competency Requirments:
• Business Performance Management including Budget and/or P&L experience.
• Proactive Stakeholder Engagement & Management Approach
• Analytical and influencing skills with fact based approach.
• Strong planning and collaboration skills with a flair for project /event management
• Financial / Business Acumen / Responsible budget management and tracking.
• Leadership, ability to motivate and inspire others to drive achievement of goals.
• Sound Judgment & Decision Making with ability to recommend action.
• Measurement & Evaluation (i.e. Return On Investment analysis).
Functional Competency Requirements:
• Ability to translate brand positioning and strategy into actionable tactics
• Consumer & Trade Driven Strategy Development
• Brand Planning (On-Premise / Retail including recruitment components of brand planning)
• Strategic Thinking rooted in consumer Insight with bias for action including Annual Brand Plan development and execution with strong understanding of market, category, competitor and consumer trends.
• Commercial Acumen, ability to prepare a business case and secure buy-in from stakeholders.
• Analytica and influencing skills with fact based approach.
Knowledge Comptency Requirements:
• Canadian Beverage Alcohol Industry: Route-to-Market Structure & Compliance and Marketing Regulations
• LCB & On-Premise Marketing Program Alternatives & Differing Regulations by Jurisdiction
• Market, Category, Competitive Set & Consumer Trends
• Understanding of Marketing Disciplines and their respective Intended Impact on Consumer Behavior & Attitudes
• Canadian Advertising Regulations & Standards
• Principles of Agency Partner Management
• Computer Literacy: Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word, Outlook), Google Docs, Analytical tools and Social Channels
• 5+ Years’ Experience in marketing, sales and or innovation preferably within Beverage Alcohol, Retail or CPG Spaces
• University Degree in Business with emphasis in Marketing or Sales Management preferable
• Retail or On Premise experience / in-depth understanding a plus
• Experience marketing brands in Western Canada (MAN, SASK, ALB, BC) preferred.
Search for similar jobs in your region