This position is for a Technical Consultant in our Manufacturing Solutions Division. The ideal candidate has a consulting mindset to understand mechanical engineering and manufacturing challenges in order to develop and implement leading edge solutions. He/she will also work with our sales staff to understand our client’s requirements in their local region and deliver solutions to our clients across North America (so you love to travel!). As part of a services organization, excellent communication and customer service are required.
As a Technical Consultant, you will create impact by contributing to both pre-sales and post-sales initiatives:
- Assessing client’s current business processes to recommend and implement solutions to meet client needs.
- Working closely with sales staff and clients to document business goals and related processes.
- Writing deliverable documents as applicable such as scopes of work and recommendations.
- Creating intellectual property to support sales, marketing and implementation efforts.
- Working primarily with Autodesk Inventor and Vault, AutoCAD, other CAD/CAM design tools
- Delivering application training to our clients, and industry-related technical presentations at seminars, workshops, conferences, user groups, both onsite and remotely. Customize training solutions where applicable.
- Providing implementation solutions and application support for client workflows.
- Acting as a brand ambassador always seizing opportunities to increase IMAGINiT’s visibility in the marketplace.
- Significant involvement in pre-sales proposals and customer communications
- Participating in needs assessments
- Working with sales executives to prepare statements of work (SOWs)
- Maintaining an expert level understanding of relevant technologies and workflows
- Developing IMAGINiT intellectual property for the Manufacturing industry
- Providing consulting, education/training and services across North America
- Communicating with project managers and other stakeholders
- Completing technical documentation
- Tracking time and expenses
- 40+ hours per week, with a high degree of flexibility. Deadline-driven
- Additional hours for travel and to successfully accomplish the goals of the job
- Travel is expected to be 40-50% based on project requirements
- Travel destinations will primarily within Canada but occasionally to the US. You must have a valid Canadian passport or be eligible to attain one, as well as eligibility to attain a US work permit.