Do you want to work for a stable, growing organization that reaches back more than 130 years? Our steel tube and pipe products have helped build landmarks and buildings in North America; Come build your career at Zekelman Industries.
Z-Modular, a division of Zekelman Industries, seeks a Machine Operator for our location in Kitchener, ON. This position will operate an industrial horizontal band saw, supplying the welding department.
- Mount, install, align, and secure tools, attachments, fixtures, and workpieces on machines
- Measure dimensions of finished workpieces to ensure conformance to specifications
- Maintain machines and remove and replace broken or worn machine tools, using hand tools.
- Confer with supervisors to resolve machine malfunctions or production errors or to obtain approval to continue production.
- Set up future jobs while machines are operating.
- Clean machines, tooling, or parts, using proper procedures and cleaning agents
- Follow all established safety procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- 2+ years of related experience in a manufacturing or production setting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, work ethic and positive team player
- Legally eligible to work in the Canada
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, schematic drawings, specifications, etc.
- Knowledge and usage of measuring and testing devices, hand and power tools
- Basic math abilities
- Mechanical aptitude
- Strong problem solving and organizational skills
- Uncompromising commitment to safety
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively with other team members
- Must be able to move objects and use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue. Constant movement and use of limbs; this position requires good manual dexterity, coordination and stamina.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for several hours
- Regular, full-time, predictable onsite attendance per the posted schedule is an essential function of this role
- Ability to lift, climb, bend, stoop, push and pull.
- Must be able to lift 60lbs.
- Must be able to stand for 10-12 hours
- Ability to perform work in a plant/manufacturing environment
- Other physical requirements as needed for job
- Lead and promote health and safety work practices as required by regulatory agencies and company policy
Zekelman Industries offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits, including high quality medical, dental and vision benefits. In addition, we have an amazing tuition assistance program, and an RRSP with a generous company match.
Zekelman is an Equal Opportunity Employer compliant with all Ontario law & Human Rights Code in providing accommodation to persons with disabilities and to ensuring an accessible environment. Zekelman will accommodate persons with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and persons with disabilities will be accommodated on hiring and during employment.
Should you require accommodation, please do not hesitate to request it.
We are Zekelman Industries.
We manufacture superior quality tubular and related products and provide outstanding service for our valued customers.
We seek to continuously advance the skills and opportunities of our employees, utilizing the latest technology and management tools available to consistently increase profitability and the enterprise value of Zekelman Industries and of our customers.