Wood is currently recruiting for a Project Engineer with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry.
Will act as a focal point for assigned Wood project activities associated with Suncor’s ongoing operations on the Terra Nova FPSO, focusing on costs, schedules, and delivery of assigned projects.
In line with the Wood core values and personal commitment to the core values, manage and coordinate the delivery of Terra Nova scopes of work. This will include:
- Ensure the project scope is clear and agreed among all stakeholders
- Ensure the baseline cost estimate and schedule reflect the scope
- Act as the single point of contact for issues. Manage technical issues with Suncor Engineering and Wood Engineering leads
- Steward to the scope, budget and schedule
- Facilitate clarification meetings
- Ensure all technical issues associated with a modification or repair have been reviewed and accepted by the appropriate Suncor personnel
- Review Workpacks
- Ensure adherence to Wood’s and Suncor’s project management, change management and document management procedures and processes
- Monitoring of costs and budgets
- Monitoring of delivery status and progress
- Monitoring and control of WGPSN workflow process
- Monitoring and control of change management process
- Customer relationships at project and delivery level
- Review and approval of project handover and close-out
- Foster an environment of openness, trust and honesty in support of WGPSN’s Core Values
- Engineering degree and be a Professional Engineer registered (or eligible for registration) with the Professional Engineers & Geoscientists of Newfoundland and Labrador or technical diploma (P. Tech, CET, AScT or C. Tech) with relevant work experience
- Any equivalent combination of experience and / or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may also be considered
- Legally permitted to work in Canada
- 10+ Years Relevant Experience in Oil and Gas Industry with a proven track record in delivering on schedule and budget
- Ability to communicate at all levels of both internal and client organization
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision and must be self – starters who take ownership of tasks through to completion with success.
- Be able to work with minimal supervision and must be self – starters who take ownership of tasks through to completion with success.
- Position may be required to travel offshore with relevant training maintained.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.