We’re a female-founded Shopify agency looking for experienced Front-End Developers to join our 100% remote global team. If you have 2+ years of professional experience as a Shopify developer and you’re interested in creating real value for clients while working from anywhere in the world, then read on!
About Alt & Dot
Founded in NYC, we’re a small remote agency that works with high-growth Shopify merchants, primarily in the beauty, fashion, and lifestyle sectors. We pride ourselves on solving real problems and driving sustainable growth for clients we believe in.
Just as important as the projects we take on is the team we're building. We're passionate about working with talented and empathetic people no matter their ethnicity, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Our team enjoys
- Flexible working hours. We work from anywhere on any time zone.
- Autonomy. We trust our team to do what they do best.
- Growth. Opportunities to lead projects and take on additional responsibilities, as well as a curiosity stipend.
- Interesting projects. We work on projects that excite us and that we believe in as a team.
- Equipped home office. We give our team the tools they need to be comfortable and excel in their roles.
- Supportive environment. We're a friendly, upbeat team who are always available to help.
- Future travel. We look forward to planning team retreats, conferences, and events again in the future. In the meantime, we're getting creative on Zoom!
You're our ideal person if
- You care about what you do. You take pride in writing code that is concise, readable, and performant. You have an eye for great design. You’re always looking for opportunities to grow and improve.
- You’re focused on results. You can see the bigger picture and how your work fits into it. You get excited to transform ideas into pragmatic code. You’re comfortable asking difficult questions.
- You love empowering others. You’re an excellent and patient communicator. You enjoy putting your expertise to use to help team members and clients. You’re passionate about documenting your knowledge and work.
This is a contract position, hours are flexible. Responsibilities include:
- Build custom Shopify themes from the ground up
- Implement new features or improve UI/UX on existing Shopify themes
- Collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams
- Support the planning and scoping of new features and projects
- Provide input on a range of topics, from accessibility to performance
- Contribute to internal documentation and shared code libraries
- Native-level English fluency
- 2+ years experience in Shopify web development
- Experience authoring Shopify themes from scratch
- Experience with version control and modern build technologies
- Expertise in authoring responsive, cross-browser compatible code
- Ability to self-manage
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience working as part of a remote team
- Familiarity with WCAG and accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with performance testing and optimization
- Familiarity with SEO best practices
- Familiarity with analytics tools such as Google Analytics, GTM
- Familiarity with CRO and related tools such as Google Optimize
- Experience with Shopify API and SDKs
Interested in working together? We'd love to hear from you.