*Note: this is an opportunity with Ontario Health, Central Region*
About Ontario Health (OH)
Ontario Health is the provincial agency responsible for ensuring Ontarians receive high-quality health care services where and when they need them. Since it was established in June 2019, Ontario Health has brought together the strengths of many existing health care organizations to work together to build a better health care system for all Ontarians. Building on the expertise and knowledge of our people, we are committed to applying the best of what we collectively do, and in partnership with others, to transform the health system and improve the quality and delivery of care for patients, families and health care providers.
Regionally, operating as Ontario Health’s front door to the communities we serve, we are helping to advance quality improvement, improve access and equity, enhance outcome and results measurement, drive health system integration, and support issues and relationship management. This regional work enhances Ontario Health’s learnings across Ontario, improving the integration of service for patients and diverse communities, and support for health care and service partner organizations.
Want to make a difference in your career? Consider this opportunity!
Reporting to the Director, Performance, Contracts and Allocation, the Health System Accountability and Contract Specialist is responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring and managing accountability agreements and contracts, and for providing responsive client/provider relations. This role will deliver on its mandate by creating transparent processes that are supported by sound data analysis and collaborative decision making reflecting the principles of fairness, integrity and accountability. The Health System Accountability and Contract Specialist will be engaged in the implementation, and evaluation of performance and contract management initiatives.
Here is what you will be doing:
- Facilitates the development, implementation and monitoring of performance and accountability standards and initiatives
- Supports the negotiation of performance plans and targets with service providers, establishing clear expectations and outcomes
- Supports the management, monitoring and evaluation of health system performance in accordance with performance, accountability and priorities.
- Supports performance improvement processes including performance improvement and operational reviews and contributes to the identification of emerging issues, acts on performance improvement opportunities and considers/understands the root cause of performance issues
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures and strategies for performance management by drawing on expert resources and best practice
- Collaborates with stakeholders in response to requests for resources to inform the development of contract performance expectations.
- Utilizes understanding of current trends and future directions to provide input to improve system performance, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Supports locally the analysis and implementation of Health System Funding Reform and other funding strategies and initiatives.
- Supports the implementation and monitoring the quality improvement framework and contributes expert advice with regard to accountability and performance methods that will inform activities related to health service providers’ performance expectations.
- Builds internal collaborations and partnerships to advance improved health service providers’ quality and performance.
- Supports and maintains contract document management and monitors and ensures all contracts are maintained, current and meet legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Supports internal and external reviews and audit task forces to improve systems and ensure data integrity.
- Supports and maintains Contract policies, procedures and practices as necessary.
- Maintains effective working relationships with all stakeholders to stay current with emerging issues, implement new processes, and find ways to further improve performance monitoring
- Supports the achievement of organizational goals, objectives and integration strategies through integration, performance and accountability, quality and decision support with specific reference to the organization’s Annual Business Plan.
- Promotes cross-functional team work by encouraging team members to share information, knowledge and expertise and utilizing these inputs throughout the planning, implementation and evaluation lifecycle
- Contributes to teams and team-based work, including the encouragement of open communication, and the utilization of teams to make shared decisions.
Here is what you will need to be successful:
- Master’s degree in health administration, health planning, business administration or equivalent relevant field experience, preferred
- Five years progressive experience in a similar role or equivalent
- Knowledge of the Ontario health system within the context of the larger health system
- Good knowledge of concepts, leading practices and procedures for contract development, administration management, monitoring and compliance
- Good knowledge of related budgeting, financial, and monitoring processes and RFP tools/systems (e.g., billing, invoicing, planning, performance reporting, etc.)
- Demonstrated planning and organizing skills to manage a variety of contracts and processes simultaneously
- Strong communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills as well as evidence of ability to promote and maintain interpersonal relationships and strategic partnerships
- Strong skills in community stakeholder engagement and effective collaboration with internal and external partners
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team
- Evidence of experience in the successful development, implementation and monitoring of operational, performance / accountability and quality improvement initiatives
- Solid knowledge of performance metrics, quality improvement, data and financial analysis and reporting
- Evidence of experience and success with data and statistical analysis, statistical quality control methods, research design, and estimation and modeling methods
- Experience utilizing statistical, data management, extraction and reporting tools and software
- Understanding of population health status and health service datasets and information sources e.g. Provincial Health Planning Database, CIHI, ICES
- Professional affiliations are an asset.
Employment Location: Within Ontario Health Central Region geography, with work from home option
Employment Type: Permanent Full-time
We are committed to a culture that values diversity and inclusion.
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities, and are committed to providing accommodation as part of our hiring process. If you have special requirements, please advise Human Resources during the recruitment process.