Property Management Responsibilities:
- Responsible for RGI administration for all tenants, including annual income reviews and required notifications and/or RGI calculations throughout the year.
- Responsible for intake management, including background checks, generating leases, facilitation of intake and orienting new residents to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the collection of rents from tenants and establishing payment schedules to manage any arrears and responsible for follow up LTB Notices as required.
- Responsible for working in collaboration with building services staff to ensure units and building facilities are maintained and in good repair.
- Educate tenants about basic and preventative maintenance issues, and their responsibilities in maintaining their apartment as per signed tenancy/occupancy agreement.
Housing Administration & Tenant Relations Responsibilities:
- Conduct assessments and assist tenants in identifying any issues, problem areas, and relevant needs within their housing community and facilitate problem resolution to address issues.
- Facilitate, support, and encourage engagement of tenants in the ongoing management of their building and participation in tenant community.
- Provide tenants with access to necessary information that impacts their housing, including their rights and responsibilities.
- Facilitate tenants’ participation to develop community standards, to resolve conflicts, and to mediate grievances.
- Work with tenants to develop community policies, structures, and forums to address issues.
- Provide remedial support and access to resources and referrals for residents managing situational and/or ongoing inter/intra personal concerns.
- Develop Community Building programs to engage residents, to encourage social interaction and inclusivity, and to support empowerment and self-sufficiency.
- Intervene in crisis/conflict situations and mediate disputes between residents as it pertains to their tenancy.
- Work with tenants through issues that impact security of housing.
- Identify and address barriers to tenants maintaining their tenancy.
- Work from an eviction prevention model to support tenant to maintain housing through regular follow up, case conference meetings, and liaising pertinent supports to tenant.
- Monitor and review tenant needs and issues and communicate the information to the Manager.
- Act as a service broker, a mediator, and a link with other agencies to support tenant keeping their housing.
- Carry out administrative procedures and maintain appropriate records.
- Uphold confidentiality policies regarding tenant information and financial matters.
- Prepare reports and updates as required.
- Ensure the anti-racism objectives and community development principles of the organization are achieved within the program.