Business Intelligence Developer
We’re a naan traditional company…
The business demand for data insights is ever increasing. As the BI developer (Modeling) will need to find new and creative ways to extract, load and transform data from various source systems and build data models to support FGF Brands insight driven initiatives. Creativity in the design process is a key competency for this role as projects / business requirements will be constantly changing. Support creating Power BI and SAP SAC reports based on business requirements with linked content, drilldowns and nested parameters. Design data architecture structures to support BI Initiatives. Optimize dashboards/data warehouse with a focus on usability, performance, flexibility and standardization.
Reporting to the Director, Insight & Analytics the Business Intelligence Developer will be responsible for the following duties, and complete special initiatives and projects as assigned
What FGF Offers:
- FGF believes in Home Grown Talent, accelerated career growth with leadership training. Unleashing Your Potential
- Competitive Compensation, Health Benefits, & a generous flexible medical / Health spending account
- RRSP matching program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discount program that covers almost everything under the sun - Restaurants, gyms, shopping etc.
- The BI Developer will create automated reporting in all business functions, driving competitive advantage for FGF brands and facilitating faster and better management decisions.
- The BI Developer will be responsible for developing and maintaining enterprise and department-level data-interfaces and reporting solutions using SAP HANA, SQL / Microsoft Azure suite and other to be determined tools and other data sources / systems as required.
- Must be able to build and maintain back-end solutions of views/models to be consumed by other BI Developers or business users, as well as customer facing front end reporting models/visualizations.
- Assist in operational and customer support related to the use of the in-house developed products.
- Responsible for FGF brands ETP (Extract, Transform, Present) strategy and implementation.
- Viewed as a technical expert and is critical resource across multiple disciplines.
- Mentors other team members and application developers on technical solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science and/or Relevant Work Experience.
- 4+ Years of SQL Development Experience.
- 2+ Years’ experience with BI technologies
- Expert Technical Ability (HANA Studio, Power BI, Tableau, SAC, Microsoft Apps/Azure Suite, WEBI, SQL, SSAS, SSIS). Strong analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Hands on experience with SAP system with ability to navigate through SAP (preferably S4Hana).
- Experience with tabular and multi-dimensional modeling.
- Balance multiple, competing priorities effectively, track documentation and deliverables in an organized manner.
- Sound knowledge of traditional as well as agile software development methodologies.
- Highly effective working in a team, as well as working independently.
- Ideally knowledge/experience with Python, ABAP, R, Apache Spark, DAX, Azure Databricks, Azure EventHub’s, JSON.
- English written/spoken required
What is the recipe for a great career at FGF?
Working at FGF Brands, there is never a dull moment! As a successful company that is continually growing there is always challenging yet rewarding work to be a part of. We have an entrepreneurial spirit which encourages all our team members to use their own creativity and out of the box thinking to come up with solutions and new ideas.
Disclaimer: The above describes the general responsibilities, required knowledge and skills. Please keep in mind that other duties may be added or this description may be amended at any time.