CHC provides unmatched helicopter services that enable our customers to reach beyond – to work in remote and challenging destinations that limit others – and come home safely. We are dedicated to our purpose of getting our customers where they need to be, when they need to be there, anywhere in the world – safely and reliably. All you have to do is get on board!
At CHC, we pride ourselves on our values and culture:
Simplicity: Finding the most efficient way in everything we do
Agility: Moving quickly and decisively
Collaboration: Working together with candor and transparency
Innovation: Creating solutions and leading change
Ownership: Working with passion and doing what needs to be done
Heli-One Canada is looking for experienced AVN or Transport Canada AME M rated Engineers to fill positions at our Petawawa location. This role will be responsible for maintenance to airworthy standards, inspecting and releasing maintenance. Preference will be given to AME’s that have the following helicopter experience.
Successful candidates must be able to function well in a team environment.
- Perform aircraft inspections, including airframe structures, engines and components
- Ensure operating and maintenance procedures comply with industry and internal regulations and quality standards
- Interpret technical manuals, drawing and blueprints
- Test repaired aircraft systems for proper performance, cleaning and lubricating equipment and other routine maintenance work
- Troubleshoot issues and develop actions to rectify them
- Record problems and actions taken
- Maintain accurate statement of maintenance history of the aircraft
- May act as Crew Chief on certain projects
- Assist in instruction and training of apprentices
- May perform other duties as assigned.
- Military AVN training on CH-146
- Valid Transport Canada AME “M” Type license
- Efficient in the use of electronic or paper based manuals and able to navigate through vendor data to find necessary information
- Knowledge of aircraft systems and aviation standards
- Minimum 3 years’ experience on Bell type helicopters.
- Type endorsement on Bell 412
- Must be self-motivated and have the ability to process complex systems and logically think through problems
- Results oriented with a focus on quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to take direction and follow instructions
- Works on shop floor involving frequent lifting of materials up to 30 lbs
- Frequently operates dangerous machineries requiring safety equipment such as safety eyeglasses, hearing protectors, work boots and hard hats
- Constantly exposed to noise, fumes, gas, chemicals, dust or dirt
- Occasionally exposed to extreme temperature or humidity