As one of Canada’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency trading platforms, NDAX has set the bar high for the country’s fintech industry and is constantly leading the way in terms of security and innovation. We’re on a mission to empower more Canadians to unlock the full potential of digital finance. To address the various needs in the Canadian cryptocurrency space, NDAX has assembled a multidisciplinary team with diverse backgrounds, including finance, technology, engineering, compliance, marketing, and more.
We're proud to have been recognized as one of Canada’s Best Workplaces by Great Place to Work®.
We’re looking for someone who has experience working on software serving the financial industry, specifically Securities Exchange or a member firm that interfaces with an Exchange.
The Senior Full Stack Developer will lead development of core components of the Exchange Software Platform ranging from Matching Engine to the FIX Gateways to SIP connectivity with high familiarity of the performance profiles and best development practices.
This individual will be joining a small team and have the opportunity to establish efficient processes that enforce accountability and well-oiled collaboration.
Position Type: Full Time – PermanentResponsibilities
- Architect solutions for any new feature
- Design flows/architect for any backend services
- Design Robust and scalable databases for different
- Design and develop secure and reliable APIs/WSS
- Ensure responsiveness of applications
- See through a project from conception to finished product
- Continue to enhance and improve systems authentications and authorisation methods
- Mentor and share knowledge with junior team members
- Review other developers pull requests thoroughly and help improving their coding skills
- Work alongside graphic designers for web design features
- A proven experience of scaling up products to 100,000's of thousands of users while maintaining costs and security of infrastructure
- Expert in the life cycle of web page/request
- Extensive experience in system architecture through different layers
- Deep understanding of web concepts, requests, responses, headers, security, etc.
- Extensive experience in designing database structures for fast, reliable and scalable end products
- Extensive knowledge of different authentication protocols and good experience in implementing system to system authorization, SSO, SAML, OpenID, etc.
- Experience with Identity Providers and their implementation
- Leadership skills are a must for this role. Ability to oversee different teams at the same time
- A deep understanding of how data flows through a Securities Exchange and the performance characteristics of an Exchange Platform
- Extensive knowledge of microservices and their best practices
- Degree in computer science or equivalent
Nice to haves:
- A strong preference for simplicity, readability and maintainability over cleverness
- Experience participating in small, diverse teams that prioritize people over process, working software over documentation and responding to change over following a plan
- You already embrace Lean Startup methodology, experimentation and feedback-oriented development
- You have aesthetic preferences for code and want to be part of a small team devoted to evolving quality software together
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical, Disability, Dental & Vision)
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Training & Development Opportunities
- Stock Option Plan
- Bonus – Awards – Gifts
- Free snacks and drinks at the office