Part-time French Tutors are wanted to join our team at Scholars Education Centre - Aurora. As a tutor and mentor with Scholars Education Centre, you will be responsible to provide superior individualized academic support to our students. You are joining a dynamic team who want you to make a difference in each student you have the opportunity of working with!
- Demonstrable skills and fluency to teach Core and Immersion French curricula from JK to grade 10.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken French.
- Must be friendly, easy-going, and cooperative - yet assertive when dealing with the students.
- Good multi-tasking abilities, as you may be working with 2 students at the same time.
- Experience with students in a teaching or tutoring environment is an asset.
- Must have at least 1 year of practical experience.
- Expected to reside in York Region for in-person classes, but online classes are also available.
- Should be flexible to teach during our core hours of Mon-Fri 4-8 pm and Sat 10 am-2 pm.
Essential Job Functions:
- Work with students 1:1 or 2:1 using the provided materials - no prep work needed from your side.
- Deal only with students (i.e. no involvement with parents, other staff or administrative tasks).
- Follow our system by grading the students' work and providing meaningful notes at the end of each class.
- Have fun, while enjoying what you do best: assisting our students to learn and master their French skills!
About Scholars Centre Aurora:
Scholars Education Centre provides in-centre tutoring services for all subjects to students from JK to grade 12. It employs competent Ontario Certified Teachers to teach in small student-to-teacher ratios and relies on its mastery criteria program to help enhance students' competencies and knowledge.