Our client, a fast paced and dynamic engineering firm is looking for an experienced Electrical Engineer/Designer in building design located in Kingston Ontario. Are you ready to work for the quintessential firm that truly believes in the "work hard play hard" culture? Here, you will be surrounded with fellow motivated individuals that take the time to enjoy each other in both professional and leisure settings.
Your experience you bring will include:
- Minimum of 5 years of electrical design experience
- Experience in building design in a variety of industry sectors
- Familiarity with AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Working knowledge of the OBC, OESC and other referenced codes
- Proactive, organized, and ability to multi-task, even under stress of deadlines.
- Energetic and motivated to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and draft drawing of electrical systems in compliance with applicable code and standards.
- Performing complete power and light level calculations.
- Preparing power, lighting, communication, and fire alarm layouts.
- Sizing conduit and wiring for power systems and develop power distribution schematics.
- Designing fire alarm systems including riser diagrams, zone schedules and schematics
- Generator selections and design of emergency power distribution
- Write design briefs, feasibility studies and specifications for electrical designs.
- Communicate with clients, contractors and sales reps, prepare project documentation and coordinate with other engineering disciplines.
- Conduct field reviews and construction administration (shop drawings, RFIs, CCNs, monthly draws, etc.) and interact with installing trades during construction.
What you will get in return:
- You will be supported with professional development and continual training - great growth potential.
- Opportunity to be part of an energetic team with high commitment to excellence and higher commitment to its staff.
- Great compensation package, including benefits and bonus.
What you need to do now:
- Apply online or visit jobs.talencity.com
- We thank all applicants but due to the volume of applications, we will only be in touch with qualified candidates to discuss next steps.