Our client, a fast paced and dynamic engineering firm is looking for an experienced Senior Mechanical Engineer in building design or construction located in Kingston Ontario. Are you ready to work for the quintessential firm that truly believes in the "work hard play hard" culture? Here, you will be surrounded with fellow motivated individuals that take the time to enjoy each other in both professional and leisure settings.
Your experience you bring will include:
- Extensive experience in construction design across multiple industries
- Design experience with numerous central plant systems including hot water, steam and chilled water systems.
- Significant exposure to DDC control systems; writing sequences of operations and specifications and troubleshooting on-site control issues.
- Extensive core knowledge in OBC, ASHRAE standards, CSA standards, ASPE standards, NFPA standards
- Proactive, organized, and ability to multi-task, even under stress of deadlines.
- Energetic and motivated to work in a team environment.
- Excellent communication skills
Your responsibilities will include:
- Proficient in Mechanical Design.
- Review and stamp mechanical projects of all complexities and sizes
- Direct design strategies / concepts on complex projects
- Provide technical leadership within the mechanical team.
- Lead audits, feasibility assessments and investigations and write corresponding reports.
- Support efforts in the continuous development of mechanical design standards and practices
- Mentor intermediate and junior level engineers and designers
- Involvement in troubleshooting construction issues
- Communicate with clients, contractors and sales reps, prepare project documentation and coordinate with other engineering disciplines.
- Conduct site visits/reviews and construction phase services and other responsibilities as required
What you will get in return:
- You will be supported with professional development and continual training - great growth potential.
- Opportunity to be part of an energetic team with high commitment to excellence and higher commitment to its staff.
- Great compensation package, including benefits and bonus.
What you need to do now:
- Apply online or visit jobs.talencity.com
- We thank all applicants but due to the volume of applications, we will only be in touch with qualified candidates to discuss next steps.