Efficiently and accurately create quality machined parts for custom fixtures and machine tooling according to drawings provided by engineering and customer specifications within the timeline required. Night Shift consists of working four ten-hour shifts, Monday to Thursday with opportunity for overtime.
HOURS OF WORK
Tool & Die Maker/Machinist
- Analyze drawings and coordinate with engineering to make changes where improvements can be made to reduce rework and enable an efficient build, increase accuracy, enhance functionality and make post-installation maintenance easier
- Obtain and organize materials required to produce part
- Machine parts operating various toolroom equipment including CNC mills, track lathe, track mill, surface grinders, buffing wheels, etc.
- Conduct tests of machined parts to identify defects and ensure parts meet required specifications
- Generate solutions to tooling problems and implement
- Assemble Machines and tooling using approved design packages, build kits, and tooling kits.
- Generate solutions to machine build problems and implement
- Maintain compliance with health and safety procedures; inform management on unsafe practices or hazards identified; maintain clean and orderly work areas
- Attend area whiteboard meetings for planning area activities.
- In place of or with the project lead, as directed, attend white board meetings for projects to present progress and plan, understand the status of other disciplines, understand upcoming key milestones and project risk
- In place of or with the project lead, as directed, attend and participate in design reviews to analyze mechanical designs and identify areas of improvement to increase accuracy and efficiency
- Implement BOS Standards, identify potential areas of improvement and present them to the Manufacturing Manager
- OSSD Secondary School Diploma
- Licensed 429A/430A General Machinist
- Strong working knowledge of G-Code, CAD/CAM programming, Mastercam software
- Experience with MILLING machines in a fast paced, precision manufacturing environment
- Experience with one off, custom precision parts
- Ability to edit existing programs and test new ones
- Knowledge of the fundamentals of machining including the ability to decipher mechanical drawings and blueprints
- Knowledge of metallurgy and materials utilized in toolmaking
- Familiarity of Mastercam 2020 and conversational CNC
- Understanding of custom machine building processes
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Effective attention to detail
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Ability to work openly in a team environment and communicate ideas and problems clearly
- Ability to meet deadlines and execute multiple project tasks.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. BOS welcomes applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Flexible work hours
Multiple extended health care plans to choose from
Subsidized Lunch Program
Training development program
Staff appreciation lunches & Socials
Bi-annual company events
Career planning & goal setting
Employee recognition program
Performance appraisal program
BOS Promotional Clothing
Employee Assistance Program
Employer Supported Volunteer Program
Your interest in this opportunity is appreciated. Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.