Job Summary: The Shipping Coordinator is responsible for department pickup and delivery of orders and materials from vendors and customers in a timely and organized manner. The Shipping Coordinator coordinates manages workload to meet customer requirements while achieving optimum department productivity. Works closely with other company personnel to meet or exceed customer expectations. The Shipping Coordinator along with his or her team is a main interface with our customers and must provide a competent and personable representation of the company.
- Guarantee satisfaction and value for our customers.
- Contribute to a work environment that fosters pride in being part of a winning team and promotes personal growth.
- Maintain personal productivity and quality standards that make possible attractive financial returns so that the company may continue to provide excellent service to our customers and ensure job security and growth to our staff.
Because you are in contact with employees, customers, and vendors, and in a key position for guaranteeing their satisfaction, your position requires confidentiality, tact, sensitivity, and professionalism.
Responsibilities and Duties:
General and Administrative
- Communicate effectively with the Shipping Manager/Supervisor, the Production Supervisor, and the Production Team, informing and updating them regularly to guarantee that the sales and customer objectives are met.
- Follow systems, policies and procedures outlined in the company documentation
- Participate as a key player by supporting operations as needed.
- Coordinate with the Production and Shipping Team to schedule daily deliveries and customer pick- ups.
- Coordinate and control shipments with internal and external carriers
- Load or assist customers in loading goods as required.
- Comply with all OHSA safety requirements.
- Process shipping / receiving documents.
- Serve internal and external customers.
- Handle inquiries regarding inbound / outbound shipments.
- Maintain Inventory Control.
- Direct receiving for couriers.
- Setting up deliveries/orders for trailers and completing all necessary paperwork
- Operating and maintaining system for setting up and maintaining records of orders
- Monitoring general activities in the shipping department
- Constant communication between departments when stock is received
- Troubleshooting any logistical issues that arise.
- Acting as a point of contact for suppliers, brokers and carriers
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work autonomously and with little direction in a high volume, fast paced environment
- Previous experience in a Warehouse Environment would be an asset
- Forklift license is required
- High school or GED equivalent.
- Adequate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc)
- Computer literate in PC platform.
- Basic Understanding on the Inventory Management
- Must have excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Must thrive in a fast paced, busy working environment.
- Ability to learn new software.
- Motivated self-starter.
- Organized and energetic
- Excellent math skills.
- Must have a positive and upbeat attitude.
- Strong/effective communication skills
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Meet or exceed minimum test results as specified by the hiring manager
- Variable work environment. Work is conducted both indoors and outdoors with varying environmental conditions.
- Prolong standing for a long period of time of 8 hours or more
- Frequent lifting of objects up to 50 lbs.
- Work area may have fluorescent lighting and air conditioning.
- Noise level is usually moderate to loud.
- Exposure to ink and chemical fumes, and airborne particles such as paper dust and drying powder.
- Fast-paced environment: Subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activity.
- Additional hours may be required due to operational requirements.
What we offer:
- Employer Paid Benefits including but not limited to: Health, Dental, Life, and Vision.
- Employee/ Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- Employee Savings Program
- Room for growth and advancement
- Company sponsored learning
- Employee appreciation events
- And more!
Want to get a better sense of who we are and what we do? Check us out on Glassdoor! Review employee testimonials and employee driven content including videos and photos!;
SinaLite is committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of race, sexual orientation, family status, ethnic origin, colour, sex, age, marital status and/or disability. We are committed to treating all persons with dignity, independence, integration and respect. Alternative formats of this position are available upon request.